ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best kept Astra vxr on the planet??

You may well take the piss, but simple fact is he's made a name for himself as a detailer, and will continue to do so based on his attention to detail.

What would you rather, a person who drives a clapped out old van that he clearly couldn't give a shite about, or a lad who takes it maybe a little too far occasionally...? I know who I'd spend my money with.

Totally agree mate. It's pretty cool in a troll kind of way. He's the guy detailing hyper cars and clearly rolling in cash, so who has the last laugh eh? However, it's only natural that it'll attract a lot of piss taking. I'm sure he expects it, and doesn't care. Nor should he. It's probably all part of a very clever plan.

Marc now has a green Focus RS stage 4 kicking out about 400ish bhp iirc

As for the ones calling him a bellend you wouldn't be saying that if you got paid what he charges a day trust me i know as iv been in talks with mark yesterday and hes fully booked up till the 1st weekend in JUNE/JULY

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LMAO.

67.jpg

Marc now has a green Focus RS stage 4 kicking out about 400ish bhp iirc

As for the ones calling him a bellend you wouldn't be saying that if you got paid what he charges a day trust me i know as iv been in talks with mark yesterday and hes fully booked up till the 1st weekend in JUNE/JULY

To be perfectly honest, the money aspect doesn't make the slightest bit of difference as I/I know a lot of people that earn a lot more in a year than Marc does. Detailing isn't the most lucrative of business sectors to be in.

The simple fact is, he is like the Steve Jobs of detailing. And as a "geek" myself, it's the pure attention to detail that gains him my upmost respect.

To be perfectly honest, the money aspect doesn't make the slightest bit of difference as I/I know a lot of people that earn a lot more in a year than Marc does. Detailing isn't the most lucrative of business sectors to be in.

The simple fact is, he is like the Steve Jobs of detailing. And as a "geek" myself, it's the pure attention to detail that gains him my upmost respect.

yeah i was just saying as you can probs most of them slating him dont get paid what he does
suppose he'l of picked the attention to detail up from Paul Dalton
i just really dont have the patience 2 do it or otherwise id probs do it to my own car

Astra VXR NBG ED
Surely not this again?

The guy needs a new f*cking hobby. Sad c*nt.

FML read this thread and all you have done is b**ch about him.

I doubt we can find you across many forums and have a 5 page thread on something you did years ago.

What an ABSOLUTE THROBBER you are

Astra VXR NBG ED
You've been stewing for a while then.

Just happened to do a google search and this thread came up. Was just laughing in disbelief at some of the comments towards Marc considering the work he does. I see nothing but praise and compliments about him and his work on other forums??

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Good bit of marketing by him IMHO, I bet if you took the amount of money he has earned since 2008 as it, and compared it to how much he would have earned without "sad" threads like that one, it would be very significantly different.

Was a worthwhile investment in his time when you think of the exposure it has got his business.

Just to point out, by cleverly bumping this thread it is likely appear higher in Google searches...!

Evo 5 RS
urgh, what a tit. Mine was painted a year ago and I've washed it about 10 times in total. He's probably got no lacquer left. If cars could talk it would hate him for it...

Stop being a vagina.

Fair enough if you're paying for him to do your own car. But seriously? Washing your car once every 3 days?

Wacko.

I use to wash my car every 3 days. I sold a 2002 clio 1.2 for a grand more than it was worth.

Am I a wacko?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Well... I've never met you, but..... In honesty, it's worth it. The 1st person that came to look at my Clio drove it away within 30minutes of seeing it

Once a week max for me. That's normal once I'm home from work on a Friday, kinda makes me feel like I'm washing away a cr@p week and making a start ready for the weekend. Means absolute rubbish but lifes all about habit

I use to wash my car every 3 days. I sold a 2002 clio 1.2 for a grand more than it was worth.

Am I a wacko?

Yes. Lol.

Lets say you had that car for a year (I'm sure it was longer but meh) and washing every 3 days, we'll round it down to 100 cleans. Forgetting products/electric/water etc.

Because you cleaned it super hardcore it will have taken you lets round down to 2 hours. That's 200 hours of cleaning. Which makes your 1k profit mean you earned it via 5quid an hour. Lol.

Evo 5 RS
I enjoy cleaning cars, but there are limits. Once every 2 weeks tops (For me, can understand people who do it once a week). I don't even manage that tbh. If you keep at it every other day you should really be reapplying protection every other fortnight as well. F*ck that for a game of soldiers.

If you think that's why then yeah, pretty much. Three Days.

What else could it be down to? If you were perusing PistonHeads, what would make you go see a car - a photo of a s**t box, dirty car in a farmer's yard or a clean car with decent photos?

Exactly.

Yes. Lol.

Lets say you had that car for a year (I'm sure it was longer but meh) and washing every 3 days, we'll round it down to 100 cleans. Forgetting products/electric/water etc.

Because you cleaned it super hardcore it will have taken you lets round down to 2 hours. That's 200 hours of cleaning. Which makes your 1k profit mean you earned it via 5quid an hour. Lol.

Detailing is a hobby of mine, so earnings are not relevant from a cost per hour perspective. Last time I give you advice on windscreen treatments ;)

I enjoy cleaning cars, but there are limits. Once every 2 weeks tops. I don't even manage that tbh. If you keep at it every other day you should really be reapplying protection every other fortnight as well. F*ck that for a game of soldiers.

Which goes to show how little you know, lad.

I'm no longer in the position to clean it, almost at all. Too busy. But if and when I get the time, damn straight I'll be filling my time with something I enjoy doing!

Evo 5 RS
Little I know about what you think you know but clearly don't because you used to wash your car Every Three Days lol.

Depends what you mean by wash. To detailing world folk that probably means 8 hours of sexual healing.

Oh, I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought that I was once.

Last edited:
  172 Cup
I'm in the Dave camp when it comes to washing. Muck for protection. if you enjoy it, wash your car once a week etc, I just got bored and onlywash my car when its getting my hands mucky opening the door.

Clio 172, Pug 106
I used to like keeping my car clean, maybe clean it every weekend in the summer, Now i just clean it as and when i can be arsed!!

Its still filthy from all the mud and puddles from banger racing the other week! It will stay like that aswell untill i get back from the states

Evo 5 RS
Yeah, I got that part. Sweet flick. Let it be known I is not dissin' your abilities with the car juices, ok. You're still nuts though lol.