ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best exhaust for performance

Ph-Quick
Hi guys,

I have discovered the backbox on my ph1 172 has a hole in it (even though its less than a year old :mad:) and with MOT in a few months time I will need to buy a new exhaust. So I may as well go for an upgraded exhaust.... I have done a lot of searching around the topic but haven't saw any proper answer on which exhaust is the best for performance gains - I already have a decat fitted and plan to do engine upgrades as funds allow.

Bare in mind I can't go for the likes of prospeed as I am in N. Ireland.

Cheers in advance,
Paul

J

jarfun123

Yeah supersprint, anyone got any pics of the oval on any clio?

Ph-Quick
Ok i'll look into the supersprint. Had fancied one of the yozzasport systems, they sound well but i'm not sure of the performance gains on them and I know they are well made which is what tempted me.

Ph-Quick
I don't think the yozza stealth was designed with performance in mind - i read something Fred said on the topic of the yozza stealth... would be interested to hear more on the other yozza systems.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Yozza do a Race System and I think that will prob be one of your Best Options

Ph-Quick
Anyone any experience of the ktec ultra performance range? Quite like the look of the 172 recessed system, and its 2.5" bore. How does it compare to the yozza system at £350?

Paul

Lionel Richie
all of the yozza stuff is road legal, one of the best quality exhausts on the market, but i would say that as i helped to design them and i use to co own the company ;)

Ph-Quick
yeah fred I've heard about the quality, its why I'm considering one and know I few people over here with them! Does the exhaust at £350 offer any gains (obviously I'm not expecting much gain from an exhaust alone!) and is it 2.5" bore?

Ph-Quick
Just checked yozza site and it is 2.5" hmmm what to do!

Looked into supersprint but don't like the tailpipe!

Ph2 172 Track Toy
Go for the K-Tec Stealth. £328 delivered(if you ask nicely)

I have had comments like "baby Ferrari"!!!!!

VaVa
Were they hard of hearing? Or just never heard a Ferrari?! lol

In terms of performance I doubt there's much to choose between any of the exhausts. The decat makes the biggest difference in terms of engine breathing in my experience.

I've had a Prospeed and now have the GDI/Piper and there seemed a marked improvement with the Piper, although it's not silenced as much as the Prospeed was in all fairness.... Oh and the ProSpeed fell to bits lol :quiet:

Ph2 172 Track Toy
Were they hard of hearing? Or just never heard a Ferrari?! lol

In terms of performance I doubt there's much to choose between any of the exhausts. The decat makes the biggest difference in terms of engine breathing in my experience.

I've had a Prospeed and now have the GDI/Piper and there seemed a marked improvement with the Piper, although it's not silenced as much as the Prospeed was in all fairness.... Oh and the ProSpeed fell to bits lol :quiet:
Just think of 2 F4R engines reving up together.

That would be 8 cylinders and 4 litres.

Think that is where that comes from. Basically a rasp rather than a boom.

VaVa
Yes I've heard the Ktec Stealth.. like a fart in a bean can lol

I believe the second generation are better mind.

Which leads me to the point... listen to some vids and decide which sound you prefer... because I doubt there's much between any of them in terms of horses gained.

Last edited:
  Ph2 172 Track Toy
That is what mine is!!

Dint want anything louder. End of the day I wanna hear the music on my crappy cup stereo on occasion.

Also depends on who's farting!

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
mate picked up a system form a race team and modified it to fit a 172 ph2

decaatted it and fook me its amazing

round the 98db mark so will have lots of attension

Focus RS mk1
Its shockingly expensive is it not? Anyone got a link for orbisound?

th_MOV00143.jpg

th_MOV00144.jpg

orbisoud race exhaust, very good system if you like em loud!

I'm happy with my GDI one. As long as the system you get is a true 2.25" or 2.5" and the OE or similar exhaust path is followed (ie no 90+ degree bends) then I dont see that there can be much difference between the systems. I'd go with which you think looks and sounds the nicest to 'you' and is affordable.

I have some of mine, but it was on ITB's at the time... ask Laura if she can get Matt who bought her old car to post a vid up, cant remember his username on here...

clio 200 F4Rt
Surely Orbisound is up there.

What about BTB?

spoke to them yesterday.

cant do it till June/July time, and a single system will be £1100 +VAT.

possible group buy? will get them cheaper, but still be best part of £500 at least.

but then, you will, without doubt, have the best there is.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Both our stealth and recessed systems are 2.5" bore and constructed using mandrel bent tubing (no loss of diameter through the bends). This is widely regarded as the best bore size for the F4R engine.

I hope this helps.

David.

FF-Cupped 182 '05
Officially, my Orbisoud was €1700 (the race version, which isn't even made from stainless steel :eek: ).
Bloody expensive, but when you look at the system, the mounting plates/points, design(single backbox), weight, etc. it makes some sense.

It's unbearable loud on top of it!

Love it though..

Last edited:
Both our stealth and recessed systems are 2.5" bore and constructed using mandrel bent tubing (no loss of diameter through the bends). This is widely regarded as the best bore size for the F4R engine.

I hope this helps.

David.

yup, 2.5" bore and mandrel bending is the way to go, I'd not bother looking at anything non mandrel bent though, quality WILL be compromised, dont care what people say.

Ph-Quick
Yes, personally won't be going for an exhaust unless its 2.5" and mandrel bent! At the minute yozzasport look like the best vfm and sound!