ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best clio blue opinions

Bmw e92 335d
Ok so ive got the chance of a 172 in primer ready for a full respray. My question is which blue is the most desirable. The car is originally monaco. I kinda thinking petrol blue due to the rarety. Opinions appreciated. Thanks

Bmw e92 335d
Re: Best clio sport blue opinions

Ha ok. Im looking to try and keep it blue to not change the logbook. I am doing this as a potential sell on so alien green. Hmm kinda limiting my market. Greys a decent call and is liquid yellow a niche or is there widespread respect for yellow?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

Petrol Blue was Green on the V5 (Colour was originally Paddock Green) if thats your line of thinking. It's also very hard to spray right, and only looks good (read amazing) in sunlight.

Last edited:
  172 cup

It has to be something different, Porsche seal grey on a clio would look amazing!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Imperial Blue could look good.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...

to sell on, keep it o/e and respray it monaco

for your own use, alien green could look trick or LY as a favourite

best blue is obviously Racing, but a 172 is not worth of it ;) rofl!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

Racing blue > any other blue

but my vote is for alien green, liquid yellow or storm grey.

If you're respraying it, do it something that'll stand out rather than a bland dark colour/silver

imo ofc

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250

I'd go with storm grey. Looks good on a 1*2.

Bmw e92 335d

Seems to be grey is the biggest winner here. As the votes tally up so far:
white: 1 vote
grey: 7 votes
liquid yellow: 3 votes
alien green: 5 votes

its a tense tight race as grey nudges its nose in front. Keep the opinions coming this is good stuff. Seems blue is out the window
i sure hope we dont have to go to deadlock

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

You really should pick a colour you like! Don't pick grey if you dont like it!

Bmw e92 335d

This for me is a money first project. I want to know what colours get the faithful revving there engines. And who better to ask than the owners of clios. My daily motor is a orangey yellow transit connect so lets count my colour taste out of this.

Clio

tbh, you will have no problems selling it on in any of the above colours!

Bmw e92 335d

Just to bob another question in guys. What price could be expected to fetch for 2002 in lets say grey. 95k. No service history nor evidence of cambelt change? Obviously exterior will be pretty much faultless. Ballpark figures i know its abit vague

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...

if you do the belt as well couple of grand perhaps

1.7 cdti

My vote would be the bronze that would have been on the v6 if anybody would have bought one

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

My vote would be the bronze that would have been on the v6 if anybody would have bought one

James (Dash on here) bought that Bronze V6. Only one in existence...so proper rare. :)

1.7 cdti

James (Dash on here) bought that Bronze V6. Only one in existence...so proper rare. :)

Thats what i mean , i read the v6 search thread the other day and saw that there wasnt many in the uk . You just need to get over having a "brown" car to have it . still an epic colour tho

Bmw e92 335d

Would be worth more alien green or grey. If i did it alien green would anybody buy it. I dont want to be stuck with it

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Ant...(Elkworks) on here wrapped his old Monaco 172 in a BMW gray...looked immense. :approve:

Dodgy one

Daytona Grey on the audis, beautiful colour in the sunlight

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?661587-1-2-1-6&highlight=alien

why thank you sir, yeah i gotta get rid, bought a house with the missus, toys gotta go and i gotta get summit practical i can get kids in :eek:

306729_10151948249040603_1722546718_n.jpg