ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Brake Pads For Track Use

getikte

ClioSport Club Member
I have used a couple of combos so far, CL5+ pads were fantastic initially i couldn't fault them however this was back when the car was more a track focused road car. i bought another set recently and was not impressed to tell the truth. Its a much more focused track build now so they did fell like they were lacking.

ive had DS300 in megane brembos before and they were good but im back to standard PH1 172 calipers now so question is, with a ABS delete on the PH1 with a bias vale and running sicks on track what pads are recommended?

heard good things about ds1.1s, RC8 and the rs29 but its a fair bit of money to spend and wouldnt mind some input from people who have a good tried and tested set up.

Thanks

Ive had DS3000 and thought they where to grabby and locked the wheels to easily (this was on 4 pots mind) i now run CL5+ on standard callipers and honestly don't rate them, good when warm but when at max temp are pretty poor IMO.

After lots of reading I'll be going for the DS1.11 next as they seem to wear well and are kinder on discs and wheels.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
I have tried various pads on my track car. I have had DS2500 which were crap IMO, moved to DS3000 and wasnt impressed so binned them after 2 trackdays! After that i tried the RC5+ which were superb, i then moved to CL RC8's which were again a step up in braking performance.

After a few years of using the CL pads i decided to try DS 1.11's which were again a great pad but tbh i missed the initial bite the CL pads give. The DS 1.11's lasted as long as the RC8's, didnt have the dust issue the RC8's have.......but for me didn't give me the confidence under braking that the RC8's do so i shall stick with RC8's in future

getikte

ClioSport Club Member
Thats interesting, lots recommend the 1.1s but to hear from someone who used the rc8s and prefers them is different. kind of wanted to stick with the CL stuff if im honest. may well give the RC8s a try

Thats interesting, lots recommend the 1.1s but to hear from someone who used the rc8s and prefers them is different. kind of wanted to stick with the CL stuff if im honest. may well give the RC8s a try
Think I'm with you on that to be honest as the CL8's are £30 cheaper as well over the DS1.11's. The coefficient of the CL8's is 0.6 compared to 0.4 on the CL5+ that 50% more friction! DS1.11 coefficient is only 0.49 so can see why @scotiamr2t prefers them.

getikte

ClioSport Club Member
yea that makes sense when looking into it all, the wear rate on discs seems hire but at £40 for a set of HC discs thats not really an issue