ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best antivirus?

Just downloaded Windows 7 so now need an antivirus, had AVG but it started playing up a bit. Not sure whether to get that again or opt for an alternative, any suggestions?

Bus w**ker
I used to say Bitdefender...but it's dog s**t now, from a customer service point of view. AVG is shat, false security.

Try Avast, it's free and offers decent protection.

57 Clio Campus Sport
I used bitdefender aswell but since upgrading from widows 7 rc to windows 7 full it says there is a driver problem with the firewall so im having to use windows, I am on 2009 though, updating to 2010 soon.

I must say it has worked flawlessly up until i updated.

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport
Avast is excellent and the new Windows Security Essentials works great too. No real need to pay for virus protection.

RB Clio 182
Re: Free Anti-virus spyware programs

Thanks, heard of that before but couldn't remember the name cheers!!

Audi A4 1.8T Sport

Antivirus - AVG
Firewall - PC Tools Firewall
Antivirus - Adaware and Spybot

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member

Best Free Antivirus - Avast Home edition
Best Free Anti Malware/Spyware - Spybot S+D / Malwarebytes

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi

I find AVG slows my laptop down considerably, so Avast gets a vote from me.

BMW 320ci
What anti-virus?

My anti-virus has run out recently and I'm going to get a new one today. Had my PC fixed recently due to it keep turning off and they've replaced the fan. It's now running slow as f**k so I want an anti-virus which will not slow it even more. I had the whole McAfee package but I think that takes up too much.

So can anyone recommend anything good? I'm off to Pc World later to get one.

Cheers in advance.

Re: What anti-virus?

I wouldn't bother with any Antivirus to be honest. I mean how many times has your old antivirus picked anything up? They just slow your PC down on boot and during normal tasks. Just don't go on any dodgy looking websites, dont read any stupid emails that are obviously going to be a worm, update Windows and you will be fine. If you ever want to do a virus scan then go to trend micros website and do a free web based one.

Cupra

I use Avast, but run any "suspect" programs that I am not sure about and which normally set off virus alerts on a virtual PC to be safe.

Clio Dynamique

KasperSky security 2010! Make sure you dont get a fake copy off eBay like i did :(

Had to shell out for it again a couple of months later :mad:

Otherwise its really cheap off eBay!

I wouldn't bother with any Antivirus to be honest. I mean how many times has your old antivirus picked anything up? They just slow your PC down on boot and during normal tasks. Just don't go on any dodgy looking websites, dont read any stupid emails that are obviously going to be a worm, update Windows and you will be fine. If you ever want to do a virus scan then go to trend micros website and do a free web based one.

:lolup: