ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BEST ALARM FOR £200-£300

you can get a good clifford alarm for that sort of money surely?? Personally id go for a clifford concept 600 but thats probably doubling the price that youve quoted!

Skoda Fabia vRS

ive got a Cobra 7928 an i think you can get one fitted for £300

its a good alarm an id have one again, its very very reliable

i can set my neighbours off with just my exhaust sometimes lol

Clio Gtt

yep clifford concept 300 (cat 1) fitted for £300

loads of people say that the concept 300 is sh1t but i have not had a problem with it since ive had it.

you can get the extras added a a later date.

i got a cobra 7928 ? (i think there the numbers) for £300, bought it for its cat 1 status and its completely fine, i think a good feature is the amount of beeps it makes once it has been set off, to tell you what has been tampered with.

i also like the fact that it doesnt make a noise when it is set, the interior light comes on aswell when you unlock it which is cool !!

i looked at a clifford concept 300, but got quoted every thing from £350-£400 !!!

i have heard that toad are good as well, but i dont know much about them so i cant comment !

i just has a TOAD AI606 fitted saturday, ive had no problems what so ever!!! if you ask around most people will tell you to stay clear of Clifford due to the intermittent issues they cause. this is kinda odd cuz there is more a big money making market selling in cliffords!! so for most delaers to say that... it must mean something!! personally ive had many cliffords in the past and they work fine providing they are fitted correctly.. however since having the TOAD alarm, i think i will stick with these babies! :D

the AI606 kicks ass, D17OND i dont think youd get a clifford concept 300 supplied and fitted for £300.. the best quote i got was £325. your looking at around £325 - £350. which in any case, i feel the TOAD AI wins hands down, and only costs £300 supplied and fitted.

id buy that for a dollar.

Only problem with the toad alarm systems that any extras invalidate the Cat1 status, and so there goes the insurance payout if you ever claim and they find out where as with Clifford alarms the extras are all upto Thatcham standards.

That is good for total closure but it will invalidate the Cat 1 status of the alarm, which then means you might as well have purchased a cheaper alarm with those features, it is bad really as Toad do not advertise the fact that it will invalidate the cat 1 status.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i like my dog sid he cost £250

and has:

evil teeth

glass break sensor

thatcham cat: woof1:D

It is not the fact that it is total closure it is the fact that they are an extra to the alarm that has not been approved by Thatcham and therfore fitting it invalidates the Cat 1 status, but if you have a Clifford alarm the accesories have been approved by Thatcham and therefore will not invalidate the Cat1 status. Unless they have managed to get all of the products approved by Thatcham in the last 6 months which is very unlikely.

who gives a monkey if the windows roll up or not?! thats what my girlfriend is there for... let her do the window work, you just hit the green button.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

1 cat? whats that gonna stop you need at least a dog

(unless its a big cat: tiger, lynx etc)

Just trying to find some more info, I only say all this because I was going to get a Toad but the company wanted me to sign a disclaimer saying that I was aware that the extras would invalidate the Cat 1 status.

i had a toad on my last car and loved it, it was the mp5 one (the max power jobbs) you even get an extra 5 bhp from the max stickers appparently!

Its made by toad and is cat 1. I now have a clifford concept 300 and hate it! ITS POOOOO

I really rate the Clifford concept 300, mine is just set up right not to sensitive but sensitive enough!! And now I have got my door pop of the alarm I am well chuffed.

Willy2

I have the toad Cat 1, I put the thing into Valet and the siren stopped working, luckily my mate is an alarm engineer and replaced the siren, I have the standard alarm also on the car for added security.