ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Air Filter Set Up for 172 - Ph1 Airbox ? Twin Cone Filter ? or standard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All, Got completely standard 02 mk 2 ph2 172.

about to service it and just thinking about air filter set up. Should i replace with standard disposable? or put a itg panel filter in? change for a ph1 airbox and put itg filter or the like in? or get an open induction kit fitting behind battery/headlight which i see a lot do?

Main thing i want is a bit more sound but no loss.. any improvement will be a bonus..

so what setup do you recommend? p.s. pics would be good also.

Thanks

​Eddy

monaco 172
Mate there's so many threads about this.

In reality the ph2 air box is really well designed and with a good panel filter will give good results.

The ktec style ones seem to be proven to give about 2 bhp increase in power.

I have been running a ktec style for the last year but I put my standard box back in this week because the open cone was just too loud.

​Performance hasn't changed at all.

do you have a pic up of your old set up? are you selling it? did you have an exhaust at the same time? or just filter?

monaco 172
Yeh i have a decat janspeed supersport so its too loud as it is, the open cone filter was just too much for me.

​Can have it for 15 quid + delivery if you want. Its just a metal elbow and a knn cone filter. I'll dig outout My old thread for a pic of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.