ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best 1/4 mile times???

Ph2 172
Just a quickie for everyone...
Just state your quarter mile times and your modifications :D
I have just come back from shakespeare raceway and i pulled a 14.7 in my standard 172 with stripped rear

Nippy white cup
I varies so much between tracks and cars tbh m8. And also the difference between a 15 sec car and a 14 can be quite a bit on the actual road. A few have been to York today I think so there will be some good examples posted soon.

Mine standard was 15 sec @ 90
Added open ik and Rsport ecu - 14.4 @94
Then exhaust and decat with rears out - 14.17 @98

Ph2 172
ye mine seems to be a tiny bit quicker than a few 172's near me. i think a 14.7 from no breathing mods is fairly good imo..

your 14.17 is really good mate.. today was just a base run so i can see how i go when i get a few mods going on..

Nippy white cup
Yeah it was a bit of a freak tbh. 14.7 is defo a decent time...stripping is defo the way to go to help get your times down...I find a little wheelspin is good as it helps keep your revs in the 'zone'

[YOUTUBE]J9XiDqrVs88[/YOUTUBE]

williams and trophy
as chris says....a LOT of variables. and less weight = quicker car.

mine with de-cat and zorst 14.8, with cams 14.4, with re-map, 14.0

[youtube]4sHSPoJKjt4[/youtube]

[youtube]NdJi-0Cc6mc[/youtube]

53 Clio's & counting
Clio's range so much, as said Chris's clio is a quck Ph2, and Jon's williams is a quick PH1, iv seen Ph2 172 struggle getting into the 15s at Pod before so its all a lottery lol

Golf GTD Mk7
Yeah it was a bit of a freak tbh. 14.7 is defo a decent time...stripping is defo the way to go to help get your times down...I find a little wheelspin is good as it helps keep your revs in the 'zone'

[youtube]J9XiDqrVs88[/youtube]

Nice Chris, but we all know there isn't that much difference with the cups ;) Trophy get a crap start I presume. yours didn't look stripped, but hard to tell.

172 cup
i went to crail raceway a few months back and ran a 14.9 . then stripped the interior and went back yest and couldnt better a 15.0 . just think it varys on difff days . track conditions n so what

Nippy white cup
Nice Chris, but we all know there isn't that much difference with the cups ;) Trophy get a crap start I presume. yours didn't look stripped, but hard to tell.

I had taken the rear seats out only in those days but yeah the start is everything. IIRC I got a 14.3 ish and he got a 15.3 ish but mine was modded and his was standard so it was about right....all about the start as you need a stack load more power to pull back a weak start or missed gear

Chris