ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
Cheers buddy, side mouldings are easy, the rear ones slide to the front until they click then they just fall off, the fronts are held by a little pin like thing, pop that out and they do the same but sliding to the back

might sound like a stupid question but did you just pull them off or did you use any tools to remove them?

Quick pic

Taking these to be bored out very soon
vumugamy.jpg

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
not managed to get the bbs sorted yet then? im half way through colour coding my door strips and handles :) might do the front bumper strips next if it goes well. what coilovers are you using mate?

not managed to get the bbs sorted yet then? im half way through colour coding my door strips and handles :) might do the front bumper strips next if it goes well. what coilovers are you using mate?

Heading to the machinists on Monday :)
And nice man, are the handles easy to get off? I'll prob code them a little later on. The front bumpers were my first job, getting them off was the hardest part Haha
And ta technix coils, they are the cheapest I could get!

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
What are they like ride wise? And do they go low enough? I bought some others to spray incase they didn't go well so haven't taken mine off yet ha :p were the front bumper plastics annoying to get off?

What are they like ride wise? And do they go low enough? I bought some others to spray incase they didn't go well so haven't taken mine off yet ha :p were the front bumper plastics annoying to get off?

just found your thread mate :)
And its alright, bouncy, feels more sporty, bit crashy but feels much better in corners and stuff

And yeah Haha, took a while
Front bumper off then behind them is a scaffolding holding the shape of the bumper, need to unclip it really, I didn't so was prising the little clips off the mouldings at funny angles

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
ahh so you need to remove the whole bumper to remove them then? im not sure whether to get those same coilovers you have or some fk highsports

ahh so you need to remove the whole bumper to remove them then? im not sure whether to get those same coilovers you have or some fk highsports

Yerp, its a pain!

And ride quality, dunno what the difference will be

The fks will prob go abit lower and the fronts do camber, unsure about the rears

My mate had some high sports on his corsa till he rolled it, he liked them

Saw a set in the FS section at a good price

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
haha till he rolled it! nice! yeah im waiting to get some money back then looking to buy some hopefully within the next week or so :)

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
yeah i hope so, think i need some wheel spacers too ideally like 20-25mm all round, you getting spacers for yours?

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
spacers are pretty expensive new tbh not too bad if theres some used for sale at an ok price, i just want my tyres to line up with the body of the car nothing daft

I apologise for my lack of activity, truth be told, I've been too busy to tend to the car

Had a few weeks of s**t, my graphics card packed up and ordered a few new PC parts also, inc a new AIO cooler, new graphics card, second ssd and abit more

Will be picking up my wheels Friday morning, will get the tyres back on, remove the rear coilover adjusters lower the front loads and fit the fabia splitter as well

Also nearly finished with the exhaust, need to get a littl bit of welding done, but shouldn't be hard

Got a quick update

Got the wheels back and they fit lovely! Shame about the tyre profile tho :/ but the tyres are perfect so I can't justify getting new ones they need a clean now as the tyre guy was very messy and there are a few little scratches in the paint

8yqe9u7a.jpg

ahy8a8a3.jpg

Won't be needing spacers! And excuse the poorly mounted and s**t bumper cut for the exhaust, need to sort it out soon

Update..

Got the wheels on, slammed it, realised it was too low when it started grinding down my rears, raised it a tad and then fitted my fabia splitter

yguquvu7.jpg

u5ahu6eq.jpg

suqu4eme.jpg

ty4ypybe.jpg

u8e9utyn.jpg

ysepezan.jpg

Will give the car a clean and get some decent photos tomorrow

Sits well on those mate! contemplating rolling mine so i can fit my spacers that have been in my boot for god knows how long :rasp:

Do it! Haha

I don't think I'll even need to contemplate spacers, the wheels offset is much lower than before, some camber would
Look good, and would help with the clearance st the rear

Yeah they sit perfect tbh, a tad of camber on the back would be ace! then maybe some stretched tyres ;)

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
It's not hard to do the handles It took me about and hour to change both round that's it. If I were you id get a 172 bumper sprayed up it will look so so so much better than spraying a non sport one

It's not hard to do the handles It took me about and hour to change both round that's it. If I were you id get a 172 bumper sprayed up it will look so so so much better than spraying a non sport one

I may do what you did, get a spare set and fix them up

And I know, I would love one, its just more money that I could be saving for university funds and stuff

Got a coursework deadline this week, so when that's all over and done with I'll get to work on handles, rear bumper insert, arch rolling and remounting the exhaust, again

Ph2 Meg 225
Looks well! Not too keen on the rear lights but there quite smart in comparison with some! Nice to know there's a few of us rubbing on the rear.