ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Benefit of a strut brace?

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Is there any?

I have a 182 and was just wondering what improvement it
Could make if any at all.

Or are they just for looks

172cup
http://www.wiechers-sport.de/domkstreben/streben-dom

these guys make a front strut in polished aluminum that weighs less than 600 gramms for about £110.
I'd go for this, granted it does f**k all al least its light

224571d1235763110-interesting-finds-ebay-wiechers-strut-brace_292010.jpg

I had a rear k-tec carbon strut brace and it made the world of difference!!

To how much less shopping i could get in the boot;)

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Pure motorsport because it actually mounts to the struts not just the strut tower.

Is that not what solid top mounts are for? I use a brace to strength the chassis. Certainly with pug 205s you can notice a difference.

Lionel Richie
the pure motorsport one works, you can feel the difference - and i don't have any benefit in recommending their products

Nick the gaffer at Pure is ex an prodrive engineering genious, he's not going to sell something because "it looks wicked innit"

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Is there a lower brace for the 1*2's?

Fantastic mod on the Puma and Fiesta ZS.

Focus RS + S3
Any excuse for a pic ;)

glad i went with the brace as part of the package, as renault had bodged my top mount holes so it makes fitting the top monts a lot easier. ive noticed a difference but as i put it on with the mounts i cant comment if its the brace, plus i got crappy coilies and it makes them better lol

(it looks hard too lol)

brace2.jpg

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
It will be the brace that's made the difference if its a pure one you've got (Cant see the pic)

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
i do laugh when i see the front braces fitted with self tapping screws and the rubber mounted rear braces only good for hanging shopping on !

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Is there a lower brace for the 1*2's?

Fantastic mod on the Puma and Fiesta ZS.

The subframe is relatively substantial and goes left to right at the back and at the front, it seems unlikely you would gain much other than weight from bolting another brace to it TBH.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
So these Pure ones are definitely noticeable?

If you mean on normal road tyres and on the road then IMHO you're not going to notice anything as the shell just isnt under enough load to move the strut tops around in the first place.
Trackday grippy tarmac and a set of 888s though and of course that load increases massively.

CLIO 172
So there is no benefit from welding tube between the shock towers front and back. Braces must be fitted to the top of the shocks?

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I just can't understand how with solid topmounts the normal type brace wouldn't have the same affect as the pure type?