ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ben_Stevo172 - White Supercharged 172

Status
Not open for further replies.
  535d / t5 caravelle
Re: Ben_stevo172 - Supercharged Monaco 172

I haven't seen many clios getting into the 13's!

Ben, can't wait to hear this at RST on the 7th.

well there is a few, i'm sure if you look hard enough you will find them, anyway like i said remove the rwd advantage and low 14 sec cars will give m3's a run for there money.......................

wish i still had my 205 lol

535d / t5 caravelle

i think mine made between 265/280 at the wheels, what you are all forgetting is the m3 is reliable with its power and will do it for 100k miles, how long the clio lasts remains to be seen, why does every every person compare there cars to m3s all the time?
oh and i have raced a supercharged clio in my m3 :)

i think we like to compare them to m3's as we know there quick f*****s and can then get a good idea of what you can go up against within reason

535d / t5 caravelle

I've seen a handful of clios in the 13s so far and that's it.

well thats a handful of clio's that can probably give m3's a do then. my point is they can and do get similar times as an m3 when modified properly

SQ5

You do realise that RWD does not give an advantage unless the engine is above the rear axle. FWD WILL get better traction due to the weight over the front axle!

535d / t5 caravelle

maybe you right with that lol, but i'm sure the clio turbo/supergharged would have more traction troubles than the bm? with all its modern technology. and it can't be that bad if it manages to get to 60 in 4/5 seconds :eek:

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels

You do realise that RWD does not give an advantage unless the engine is above the rear axle. FWD WILL get better traction due to the weight over the front axle!

not quite right, pushing is easier than pulling, rwd will always get more grip tbh

SQ5

not quite right, pushing is easier than pulling, rwd will always get more grip tbh

Only from a certain amount of power, just due to that extra weight over the drive wheels, it will increase grip quite a bit. I can't remember what the rough crossover is. But yes in a way you are right as there is extra weight to push (rather than pull) which also helps to keep the rear pushing down, where as FWD the back goes down losing you a little grip on the front!

Also the M3 ALWAYS has T/C on giving it an edge too! Even if you turn it off, its still on!

e91 330d/type r mini

Also the M3 ALWAYS has T/C on giving it an edge too! Even if you turn it off, its still on!
i think you might be wrong there mate, when mine is off its definately off :)
maybe your confusing it with the regular 3 series as when you turn the T/C off it still kicks in unless you keep it pressed for around 8 seconds

SQ5

We had a rolling road day and a friend turned up in his M3. Couldn't get it going at all, even tried the 8 second thing, and loads of other combinations of turning stuff off etc. Could not do it for the life of us lol!

e91 330d/type r mini

We had a rolling road day and a friend turned up in his M3. Couldn't get it going at all, even tried the 8 second thing, and loads of other combinations of turning stuff off etc. Could not do it for the life of us lol!
we had that problem when we did mine at pauls, we couldnt do it with the bonnet up as it wouldnt let the car drive, had to put some pegs in the bonnet catches as theres little micro switches in there :)

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

RWD will always give you more tractive effort off the line, due to the weight transfer to the rear of the car... the harder the car pushes, the more it digs in.

FWD lifts the front when accelerating and the more power you have the more it lifts.... ergo loss of traction...

FWD SC clio has the edge over an M3 on the road once it gets off the line, due to power to weight ratio.... once it gets to about 100 mph or so, cubes take over and the M3 should pull away.... you need alot more power to keep going at high speeds.

TTRS & V50

Ok, back to the progress thread rather than sc clio vs m3 thread.

I think you should get 3/4 plate, i've had mine on for coming up a year, never had any problems, and i've done 10-15 k with it on. Up and down the country and france. Just depends where you live i suppose. Just make sure you get full width.

Also get coilovers before anything ;)

I could never run a S/C clio on apex springs, sooo gashh.

White Evo V

Just an update on the car aswell as a cheeky video. My mate has a Focus ST with induction mods, decat and full exhaust system (think its a milltek?) He also has the latest dreamscience map on there, running approx 290bhp, the other night we found a nice straight road and waited till it got late and quiet! You dont see the focus for long lol, so in the video its hardly a race! BTW his reg plate is pretty funny coz hes 6ft 9"!!

I also finally made my mind up and stripped it out, il get some updated pics up as soon as I find my USB lead for the camera! :clown:

th_IMG_0038.gif

White Evo V

Couple of days ago my gearbox leaked all its oil, Took its to my mates garage hoping it was a seal or something. Just had a call off him an theres a hole in the diff casing! OOPS! :S

I arnt pissed off, what can you expect running masses of power on a stock box and engine! Your asking for it! The way I think about it is: If it breaks - Fix it!!

Just sourcing a new gearbox now! You got a good one cheap! Let me know! :D

ibiza cupra

nice thread mate. just wish sc were a bit cheaper as i would be tempted.

Mini Cooper S

Nice video! Is that a police car a few seconds before then end??? Perfect timing then lol. Looks like it gets to silly speeds easily!

e91 330d/type r mini

sounds pretty awesome mate, had a feeling it might of been the casing that was shot :( thats what happened to my hybrid. i still think the clio would have the m3 to a ton.you enjoy your ride in the german machine today? its a totally different power delivery and alot less savage than your clio.i think i took it fairly steady as to not scare you :)

White Evo V

The traffic was a bit crappy, even on the motorway! Didnt have much space to give it full beans did you! But yeah it was fun, I had never been in an m3 but I have to say I was quite impressed. Like you say a totally different power delivery, its nice and smooth but pulls like a train, the clio just pins you in the seat and almost breaks your bloody neck! Inside the m3 is a very nice place to be aswell! :D

I need a gearbox asap but I want a decent one, im scared of buying one thats gunna go again straight away! Ive tried pm'ing a guy on here selling a trophy box with 25k on and im sat here like a pedo waiting for his reply! Nightmare

RB 200 Cup!

awesome vid! can def say this is a quick car after you scared the s**t outta me overtaking that fiesta lol! ;)

White Evo V

awesome vid! can def say this is a quick car after you scared the s**t outta me overtaking that fiesta lol! ;)

HEHE, its not quick now! Its sat still spewing its guts up! :dapprove:

Should have it back thursday though if I can get that box off 480bhp.com! :D

s**t man awesome...shame on the gearbox! Hope you get one soon!

White Evo V

Right got a Trophy gearbox off of 480bhp.com on here. Has covered approx 27-28k miles, should be back on the road thursday! :D

White Evo V

27 k nice find! Why dont you contact Sadev? www.sadev-tm.com must be expensive tho..

Cant afford a Sadev box :dapprove:

Went to collect the gearbox today and dropped it with my mate whos fitting it! Will have the car back tomorrow! The new box was from a 55 plate Trophy and its the bolt on diff type I am told which is better than the circlip diff type as the circlip has a tendency to pop off! :)

480bhp.com off the forum who I got the gearbox off also gave me a spare gearbox casing he had sat around, so all my old internals can go into that housing and il have a spare box! Bonus :D

DMS

A thirsty 172

I'd like to see how my car compares to an SC'd Clio at this spec when my boost gets cranked up.
I already know it's tonnes quicker than a 330i with its current setup (running just under 0.5 bar) and I'm sure it wouldn't be far behind an M3. Should be an animal when running more boost.

Either way, Clio's with big cojones FTW!

White Evo V

I'd like to see how my car compares to an SC'd Clio at this spec when my boost gets cranked up.
I already know it's tonnes quicker than a 330i with its current setup (running just under 0.5 bar) and I'm sure it wouldn't be far behind an M3. Should be an animal when running more boost.

Either way, Clio's with big cojones FTW!

what sort of power you running?

DMS

A thirsty 172

what sort of power you running?

At the moment it's making 217bhp at just slightly under 0.5 bar.
When I've got a better actuator or a boost controller fitted and it's been remapped again, Andy @ K-Tec reckons I'll be getting at least another 60bhp out of it at 1.1 bar.
So realistically it'll be making round about 280 ATF, possibly more with a sports cat / decat, which I will be having fitted next time I go down.

I'd post my RR graph but my scanner got broke by the Mrs while moving house :(

EDIT: I'm running a low comp bottom end, BTW.

White Evo V

At the moment it's making 217bhp at just slightly under 0.5 bar.
When I've got a better actuator or a boost controller fitted and it's been remapped again, Andy @ K-Tec reckons I'll be getting at least another 60bhp out of it at 1.1 bar.
So realistically it'll be making round about 280 ATF, possibly more with a sports cat / decat, which I will be having fitted next time I go down.

I'd post my RR graph but my scanner got broke by the Mrs while moving house :(

EDIT: I'm running a low comp bottom end, BTW.

Sounds good! ATM I dont think yours will be as quick but it will be once it running more boost! Although it depends if yours is stripped too?? ;)

DMS

A thirsty 172

Sounds good! ATM I dont think yours will be as quick but it will be once it running more boost! Although it depends if yours is stripped too?? ;)

Wouldn't be as quick yet, no.
It isn't stripped out yet but that's the next plan.
I plan on getting coilovers some time in the not too distant future so I'm going to strip some of the weight out before then (so that it sits right on the collies first time).

Here's the thread I made about mine. I'll update it again when future bits and bobs are finished: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=460367

I've noticed you're fitting a Ph1 cylinder head to yours. Any idea what sort of gains this would give over my otherwise standard Ph2 head? To get further power out of mine, I think some sort of head work will be needed.

Evo 8 MR

That looks really quick, I could hear how quick in fact at RSTuning the other week when you were hoofing it about the local area.

Howcome your getting a ph1 head?

Status
Not open for further replies.