ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ben black gold 182

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Ouch. Get them to buy you a genuine Renault cup splitter, sell it and buy a new carbon one and be quids in!
I've got the genuine cup splitter I took off for this one, IL be phoning em today, guy admitted fault so hoping for good things

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Yeah you get everything you need to fit it, just not an air filter or hose for it

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Dyno photos
20171114_162811.jpg
20171114_162751.jpg
20171114_163254.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Clios alternator problems are solved, now I've got a "destructive miss fire" code although didn't run badly and the flash light was intermittent and only at idle which new injectors, coil pack and ht leads hasn't sorted so it's staying at the garage, took it a good drive to see if the problem reoccured which obviously it didn't whilst rest driving, but I absolutely love the inlet, it's so good low end and the car feels amazing to drive with just 191hp, definitely getting catcams 438, that's the plan for now, but miss fire first!! [emoji23] car sounds brilliant though, slightly deeper than the video makes out to be, it's dirty as f**k now and my exhaust hangers need sorted

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Devastated. Clios got low compression on cylinders 1 and 3. Getting a wet test tomorrow to see what happens and then possibly some magic oil fix that FGS use, if that doesn't fix it then it's gunna be off the road a while [emoji17] but itl get fixed! If it needs the valves sorted then itl get sorted, if it needs an engine I'll source one, take it as it comes [emoji23]

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Oh back story - basicaly since the map I got the alternstor sorted with a brand new one from Renault the next day or 2, when I went to get it it sprung up a misfire code at idle which new plugs, ht leads, coil pack and injectors didn't solve so compression testing was the next thing, and this is where we are, still not really drove the csr since it was mapped. Maybe if I get good compression I'll make more power [emoji23]

Renault Twingo 133
Oh back story - basicaly since the map I got the alternstor sorted with a brand new one from Renault the next day or 2, when I went to get it it sprung up a misfire code at idle which new plugs, ht leads, coil pack and injectors didn't solve so compression testing was the next thing, and this is where we are, still not really drove the csr since it was mapped. Maybe if I get good compression I'll make more power [emoji23]

Nice to see the attitiude you have towards bad news! Adapt and continue :) I would be gutted tbh..

Lovely motor btw!

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Nice to see the attitiude you have towards bad news! Adapt and continue :) I would be gutted tbh..

Lovely motor btw!
I just want it to work so I can enjoy it [emoji23] cheers! It's a mess just now, but on the upside direct line should get back to me tomorrow about getting me a new spoiler, lookin hopefully! [emoji1531]

Renault Twingo 133
I just want it to work so I can enjoy it [emoji23] cheers! It's a mess just now, but on the upside direct line should get back to me tomorrow about getting me a new spoiler, lookin hopefully! [emoji1531]

Yeah I hear you.. the upside being that if something needs to be refreshed, you can make sure it's done properly! (Maybe even add in some extra goodies haha)

Also, sexy looking intake! Any vids of the sound about? Might be something I want in the future..

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Yeah I hear you.. the upside being that if something needs to be refreshed, you can make sure it's done properly! (Maybe even add in some extra goodies haha)

Also, sexy looking intake! Any vids of the sound about? Might be something I want in the future..
I've got a couple videos from the dyno which you can't hear much in, and the other video I have is an mp4 on my phone so can't upload it [emoji23] need to convert it and get it uploaded but I'll get more once it works [emoji52] next big purchase is going to be a set of 438's

Renault Twingo 133
I've got a couple videos from the dyno which you can't hear much in, and the other video I have is an mp4 on my phone so can't upload it [emoji23] need to convert it and get it uploaded but I'll get more once it works [emoji52] next big purchase is going to be a set of 438's

Ahhh, That's the goodies I meant

Would love to hear it! Should sound lovely.

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
The exhaust sounds amazing as it got a mild overrun mapped in and it's glorious, up front is all induction noise and it's great[emoji23] have so many things to do now, want cams and a map tweak, need to pick up and fit spoiler, sort out splitter, rescue engine bay

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Got the clio back today! So pleased it didn't need too much to sort compression, think in the end it was sticky tappets, which the garage sorted with a selection of forte flushes, cars now running well and not a single warning light [emoji52] also the garage screwed the splitter back on tight and you can't even tell its broken really, however greenflag confirmed they're paying out so I'll order a new one up when the cash comes in! This ones been claimed [emoji23]
20171125_145018.jpg
20171125_142349.jpg
20171125_103622.jpg
20171125_141946.jpg

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
V6 rep spoiler picked up yesterday aswell, looks awesome, will get it fitted soon, maybe next weekend, pics soon

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Whole load of carbon goods aquired for the clio, mostly on, spare fogs too [emoji41] couple bits I've never came across before like the interior mirror trims and the top part behind the steering wheel. Very chuffed, an excellent final purchase of 2017 [emoji23] carbon splitter from ktec arrived today aswell! Thanks greenflag [emoji8]
IMG_20171219_190106_776.jpg

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Went to FGS today and got a shot of the ramps, Last of the carbon bits fitted along with the v6 rep spoiler and new carbon splitter from ktec, absolutely love the clio just now, next plan is some new tyres when I get paid, rainsport 3s I think! Will fire the cup spoiler up for sale soon probably
IMG_20171227_155742_447.jpg
20171227_141755.jpg
20171227_135440.jpg
20171227_141515.jpg
20171227_132109.jpg
IMG_20171226_133755_015.jpg

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Oh also the the girlfriend got me a private reg for Christmas! She pulled it out the bag big style, even had it registered so I could fire the plates on Xmas day.
I love it gunna order new plates just now [emoji276]

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
How much was spoiler to paint mate? Asked before but not sure if you saw haha.
Do like the back end of these with a v6 spoiler

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
How much was spoiler to paint mate? Asked before but not sure if you saw haha.
Do like the back end of these with a v6 spoiler
Aw sorry bud must've missed it, I paid 60 quid for a local company to do it, he does good deals if you bring cash [emoji23] I'm in love with it clios in a really good place just now [emoji23]

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Just ordered a couple rainsport 3s off ebay with the discount code and got 2 for 65 quid, so chuffed [emoji7] can't wait to be able to use the clio in the wet instead of it just sliding everywhere [emoji23]

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Rs3’s arnt amazing but ok. Up the pressures a bit more than usual
Just want something that works in the wet, if they're not that great al swap the ps3's from the back to the front [emoji23], but the parada spec 2s are excellent in dry but god awful when wet