ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Belts on a 1.2 - when?!

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Just wondering when the belts should be done a 2003 1.2 16v clio, is it different to the 2.0 16v?

How many years/how many miles?

My mechanical knowledge = ziltch,lol

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
is it not 72k or 5 years, with the aux being at 36K or 3 years?

maybe that's where I got the 40 from,lol.

I'm on 50k, but it's coming up for 7 years old and I dont think either has been done.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
May aswell have water pump done at the same time mate as its off.

I'd have the belts done at 70 if I were you just to be safe. Mine snapped and it was not pretty, not at all!!!!

benb135, you sure yours havent been done already?

@rt, i'd get the done asap mate with the age, the rubber perishes, and no doubt as an enthusiast you like to give your car a bit of stick, an old wearing belt won't like this!

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Yeah I'm just phoning round for some prices now.

the bird who owned the car before be worked in a garage, so they might have been done before hand, I'm going to go through the receipts later, she didn't mention it when i bought it though.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
ty guys.

am just waiting for some prices, will hardly be using the car soon anyway as my gf is going to uni, and 90% of the time I use my car, it's going to and from her house, and taxiing her around. But in 2 weeks I'll just be getting the train up to see her.

if it goes before i get can afford to get it done I'll get a conversion!

Black Dynamique
ive no idea whether theyve been done or not, but like i say mines coming up to 80k and i do at least 100 miles a day haha
what sorta prices am i lookin at to get em done?

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
just got quoted £488.52 from an independant?! for service + aux + cam belt + water pump.

that sounds expensive?

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
72k iirc, aux belt doesnt need done untill you do the cambelt, even at that you dont really need to do it, if it snaps ur alternator will stop running untill u replace it or fit an elastic band lol

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Just looked in the service book, both the aux belt and timing belt are 72k or 5 years. for the 172/182 it's 72k or 5 years for timing belt and 36k or 5 years for the aux.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Just looked in the service book, both the aux belt and timing belt are 72k or 5 years. for the 172/182 it's 72k or 5 years for timing belt and 36k or 5 years for the aux.
Which one of those is the cambelt? :/

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Get Fred to do it! mission away from you but still,lol, he's come out over £250 cheaper than the price I found out yesterday! Will be getting mine done next month :)