ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Been sorn for 5 years-K4M

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
Hi all, long story short my Clio has been off road for 5 years basically as had no cash to fix cylinder head new exhaust and few other bits.
I have had the car in for an mot and found its failed on lambda reading 1st and 2nd and co level failed at idle.

I am picking up a new post cat lambda and also the Coolant temp sensor, to try clear the issue of. 8.8 co level!

Any advice on things to check to why my trip computer thinks 7 mpg is average after two 40 mile drives.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Post cat lambda won't change anything, it's the pre cat lambda that affects things. Post cat is just to tell you if the cat is working.

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
Ahh ok doke so reckon to get the front one also, any easy was to get into bolt on manifold lamda

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
Yeah big 21/22mm but thou no space for big spanner and no chance of a long socket unless split wires from connector or remove all manifold to gain access,I don't know.

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
Mot fail sheet reads..
1st fast -co 0.03 pass
-hc 16 pass
-lambda 1.043 FAIL
2nd fast -co 0.01 pass
-hc 11 pass
-lambda 1.049 FAIL

NATURAL IDLE TEST- CO failed drastically at 8.89

Engine has had
new cylinder head kit
New exhaust from flexi-cat-back

Although all been done threw this year, my mechanics response was that I have to drive the car to let all exhaust and head gasket burn threw.

Cliosport always knows best :)