ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

been away for a while :p

soon to be 182 ;)
right i need a bit of wisdom, have bought a mk4 astra ( i know il get haters)
but got it cheap and selling it when i have a bit of money save.

anyway if i want to correct the paint on it what will i need? by hand

is the paint very hard on astras??

thanks

By hand some really good elbow grease.

Menz203s with a lake country hand cut pad from PB.
Followed by Blackfire GEP.

Probs the best you will get by hand.

soon to be 182 ;)
is paintwork harder than a clio? tried srp on it and made a bit of a difference but want a bit more correction rather than masking it

Am not sure on the Astra, I have a MK5 I should know that.lol.

Menz is an abrasive so along with the light hand cut pad it should and will do a much better job than SRP. SRP will just fill them not remover them.

Menz with the pad will try to remove them followed by BF GEP to fill them apply a good sealant or wax and you will have a nice finish.

All depends on the sort of swirls if its bad it may need to be machined out.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Vauxhall paint is relatively soft, IIRC. Not as soft as Renault paint, but nowhere near as tough as VAG paint...

Bumder With A Buffer
Am not sure on the Astra, I have a MK5 I should know that.lol.

Menz is an abrasive so along with the light hand cut pad it should and will do a much better job than SRP. SRP will just fill them not remover them.

Menz with the pad will try to remove them followed by BF GEP to fill them apply a good sealant or wax and you will have a nice finish.

All depends on the sort of swirls if its bad it may need to be machined out.

Untrue. SRP does correction. Its all dependant on softness of the paint and how deep swirl marks are.

db

db detailing™
Why not get somebody with a machine polisher to do it for you? Saves money and time IMO.