ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bear Failure

Clio 172
Quick Question? When a wheel bearing is on it way out, do you always get play in the wheel. The reason I ask, I'm getting a nasty grinding noise coming from the passage side of the car, and I'm not sure if it's the driveshaft or bearing.

Clio 172
Quick Question? When a wheel bearing is on it way out, do you always get play in the wheel. The reason I ask, I'm getting a nasty grinding noise coming from the passage side of the car, and I'm not sure if it's the driveshaft or bearing.

hahaha, I know. It's a real shame you cannot edit the bloody heading. Bearing Failure :eek:

Last edited:

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
@TheEvilGiraffe

I fail regularly. Unfortunately. Only today, for example, I was out foraging for berries, got distracted by a butterfly and then slept for 4 hours. End result, no berries.

I can categorically confirm I am not in the OPs hub assembly making grinding noises.

Clio 172
Well I jacked the car up yesterday to check for any play in the wheel which is a sure sign of a dying bearing, and to my surprise there is none, so i'm thinking it's a driveshaft problem.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Bearings can dry out and grind without getting play in them.

That's exactly what happened to my neighbour's car the other day, but on a rear wheel.

Clio 172
Well I jacked the car up yesterday to check for any play in the wheel which is a sure sign of a dying bearing, and to my surprise there is none, so i'm thinking it's a driveshaft problem.

Well that is what I was thinking, but I'm just not sure anymore, it getting to the point that I might have to replace both.

330i. E30 Touring.
@TheEvilGiraffe

I fail regularly. Unfortunately. Only today, for example, I was out foraging for berries, got distracted by a butterfly and then slept for 4 hours. End result, no berries.

I can categorically confirm I am not in the OPs hub assembly making grinding noises.

Lol. I thought about you when I saw this thread title too,

But then, tbf, I spend most of my day thinking about you.