ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Beaniemoo bodied, 172 engined Mk1 finally on track video

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Right you are chap here we go, the Clio recently finally made it on track and here is a video from its first outing, but before everyone points out where and when I'm not going fast enough please bare in mind it was my first time on track properly, after 3 years and £x0,000 of building and the track was wet for at least half the corners (excuses excuses lol).

Hope you enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXvhAPRWrRI

Please be kind x

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
The car made just over 230bhp on the rollers and weighed in at 793kg when weighed some time ago and isn't any heavier may even be a little lighter but i've not had a chance to weigh it yet. It is VERY FAST lol.

TrackCar & F30 330d
The car made just over 230bhp on the rollers and weighed in at 793kg when weighed some time ago and isn't any heavier may even be a little lighter but i've not had a chance to weigh it yet. It is VERY FAST lol.

290bhp/ton

I bet that is silly fast!!!!! Well done :)

BMW M5 & E36
Glad to finally see it out and about and being used as it should be :approve:

No doubt see you on track next year!

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Project thread? Can't find it

Here you go mate

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?252642-Another-1.8-16v-cliosport-conversion

Should probably update it, but since having the car on the road we have had SO MUCH fun driving it, we've kind of forgotten to keep you lot updated lol

Glad to finally see it out and about and being used as it should be :approve:

No doubt see you on track next year!

Definitely going to try to make it to as many trackdays as we can now! The car only really makes sense on track, its a bit much on the road.
We both utterly got the bug
Seriously thinking about 1 at Brands at the end of the month, but that all depends on funds!
There is another video with AndyRG in it I should probably get upload, as I don't have much going on today I'll probably do that in a bit

Cheers for the comments everyone

Moo

Clio 172
Never done bedford so no idea where you could go quicker but it seems you and the car are going really well. Nothing matches the buzz of a first track day...other than the second ....(etc)

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
The van is a good friend of ours car
Its a Vauxhall Combi van with a 280hp Astra VXR engine in it

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
car sounds amazing, decent driving aswell.

Can't believe how quickly andy's clio just rips past on the straight, awesome......I need to see steve haswells car in action now :)

Trophy Turbo :)
very good videos :) Chris car handles so well and looks the toal dogs dangles, so much love and attention has went into the car oh and a few pennys :)

Things can only get better for Chris with confidence hell be a very good fast driver round the bends as his driving was great on his 1st day :)

BMW M5 & E36
From Northloop:

A couple of cool little motors were there, I got talking to the owner of this Mk1 Clio.

5116656721_cf67f44460_b.jpg

Turns out it's been a couple of years or so in the making, and this was his first ever track day in it! The more I learned about the car, the more it impressed me.
It weighs well under 800kg :eek: thanks to a proper CF roof, full Fibreglass doors from France, CF scuttle panel, and Lexan all round.
Under the aerocatched lightweight bonnet lived a very tweaked 172 engine, apparently now spitting out roughly 230bhp. I overheard a conversation in which a figure of over £10k for the engine was quoted. Epic little car, it ran all day without fault and the owners managed to keep it on the black stuff.

Another vehicle that pounded round relentlessly, overtaking plenty, was this Vauxhall Van.

5116658109_56246954a2_b.jpg

I didn't hear any tech details about it, but when the bonnet went up I thought I saw a VXR engine of some sort, and a rather large Turbo. I liked the fact that the bodywork looked stock, even if the wheels gave the game away to guys like us.

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Wow what a brilliant find MASSIVE thanks Whitley I did see a lot of people taking pics of the car and I wondered where they might crop up.
The Combo is indeed brilliant, I went out as a passenger in the afternoon and it's crazy fast and not as terrifying from inside as it looks from outside.