ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Be wary of this Trophy for sale..

Hi all, I went to view a Clio trophy local to me today, It was #222.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-RENA...4852699?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item35d7446ddb

I'll write a list why I was dissapointed:

-The front end has been sprayed, badly. (seller claimed it hand't been...)
-The seats weren't the best condition with stains.
-Air con didn't work.
-Paint was flaking from the bonnet.
-Suspension looked very corroded.
-Paint was chipped where door hits body.
-Fog light broken + full of water.

All the above was discovered by a 10 min inspection!

I only wrote this up because the guy said somebody was traveling a fair distance to view it tomorrow and it might be somebody from on here.

BG 182 and Williams
I've Seen cars the seller has listed before, I walked straight off his forecourt.

Listerine & Poledo
so, it was a used car then?

Yes, it could do with having money poured into it, but why not knock the price down and do it yourself.

Or is that too sensible a suggestion?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Hi all, I went to view a Clio trophy local to me today, It was #222.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-RENA...4852699?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item35d7446ddb

I'll write a list why I was dissapointed:

-The front end has been sprayed, badly. (seller claimed it hand't been...)
-The seats weren't the best condition with stains.
-Air con didn't work.
-Paint was flaking from the bonnet.
-Suspension looked very corroded.
-Paint was chipped where door hits body.
-Fog light broken + full of water.

All the above was discovered by a 10 min inspection!

I only wrote this up because the guy said somebody was traveling a fair distance to view it tomorrow and it might be somebody from on here.

This is very common.

The top corner catches the bodywork slightly.

At the World Series think there were 16 Trophy's most had this, so would not worry about that.

Your looking at a nine year old car don't expect it to be like new ;)

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
Every clio I've owned has that chip.

Love this site sometimes, op tries to help somebody out who may be travelling along way only to be disappointed and gets flamed.

Who wants to buy a £4400 car with suspension that needs a refurb, air con fixing and wheels sorting. FYI the suspension refurb will be £400 on a trophy plus unless you buy a set of cup shocks the car will be off the road for two weeks.

OP if you are looking for a good trophy wait out as there are ones out there, I looked at 4 before I got mine.

op tries to help somebody out who may be travelling along way only to be disappointed and gets flamed.

Thats the only reason I put this up.
I wasn't expecting a car of this age to be perfect but as I'm stood in front of the car asking why it's been resprayed and he tells me it hasn't when it clearly has.... It makes me start to question how genuine the seller is.

Goodj I don't fancy messing with one of five hundred cars and potentially messing it up. Who's to say it hasn't been in a front end unrecorded collision?

Listerine & Poledo
Lol.
Dude, I wouldn't worry about that, every other fucker on here treats them like they know better than Renault.
A load of manufacturer-backed product development goes square through the window the second someone thinks that can get 5mm more lowzzzzzz.

That said, you might be the exception that proves the rule.... I hope so

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
It's got 16 speedline wheels, so you could sell 12 to recoup some of the money :evil:

Omg. That garage is well dodgy. Always sells sporty sorts of cars to lure in young lads. VXRs ST etc. I've been to view a few cars and test driven a few there. All have been tatty and mistreated with parts missing. E.g., badges, glove box front missing, scrapped alloys, broken and cracked lights.
The sort of minor stuff you'd fix to make the cars look presentable on your forecourt.
I'd imagine most cars have dodgy pasts. Went to view an r26 in LY and the front end had clearly had a bump and it had a broken wish bone or ball joint. He said I can come back next weekend to test drive when it's repaired. .... lol

Is this at the top corner of the drivers door yes?

Always wondered how that got chipped...

To the best of my knowledge (happy to be corrected) it's from the repeated shutting of the door over time moving the catch on the shell. Eventually it gets moved far enough that the corner of the door contacts the shell. Can be fixed by moving the catch back.

I payed the garage another visit to see if the person who was coming a fair distance to view it was pleased with its condition, apparently not...

Anyway, I took some pictures of it.

nypeve8a.jpg

7yve7ypy.jpg

asynajy5.jpg

yjynemyz.jpg

4yba7u7u.jpg

upygunyj.jpg

5y9e5ema.jpg

byty5a5a.jpg

yde5utyz.jpg

esyzahyz.jpg

6a5esabe.jpg

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
Just had a quick scan and can't see it mentioned but those are not Sachs dampers on the front either, probably cup.