ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BB Turbo problem - k-tec or bb?? help!!!!

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
As above really!

Ive got a 2ltr bb turbo conversion - had the engine and box swapped into my williams2 and its now not running right!

Sounds like a tractor masses of black smoke from the exhaust and when you go above 2k - 3k it really holds back and the whole car starts juddering! (Any body have any ideas?)

Really wanna know where you lot advise me to take it?

Heard bb havent bein great lately and its taken me a week of e-mails to get a reply saying they have no mechanics who can do the work and their workshop is shut but if i take it and leave it for a week they'll get it sorted!!

Spoke to k-tec and they said there's no probs with them having a look and are sure they can sort it!

Whats people's views and any help on the engine problem would be appreciated!

Cheers Paul.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Are you a member of any brake down service if so then get them to take it to BB as they done the conversion and may know more about it.

Other wise who done the transplant? ( see if they can sort it out?)

Sounds like a ignition problem or fueling? IMO

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
Are you a member of any brake down service if so then get them to take it to BB as they done the conversion and may know more about it.

Other wise who done the transplant? ( see if they can sort it out?)

Sounds like a ignition problem or fueling? IMO

Yeh im a member of the AA never thought of that tbh!

Only got the standerd cover tho! Bet it will cost a fortune!

The bloke who done the swop hasnt a clue he said he never touched the engine its self but i drove 300 meters looked under the boonet andn two bloody hoses had com off!!

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Clio turbo- BB Tuning are a waste of time. Since the problems with mine and the other guy with 182 having complained about our cam work they have,nt wanted to know.

Ph1
Heard bb havent bein great lately and its taken me a week of e-mails to get a reply saying they have no mechanics who can do the work and their workshop is shut but if i take it and leave it for a week they'll get it sorted!!

How much of a shitty shop does that sound........

80MPG BEEZA

How much of a s**tty shop does that sound........

im thinking the same! ive only ever ordered from k-tech and yozzasport and planning a remap with rs tuning so im glad im not going near them

cup 182 mit stripes
Its not long ago that lots of folk on here were singing their praises.
Fred in particular.

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
Hmm what to do ive emailed bb for for a ruff price giud but guess what... no reply!

Id like to take it to them but it seems like they arnt realy bothered!

Looks rs tuning so far!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Who fitted the engine for you? Did they fit it right? If so take it back to BB as they havent done a proper job and need to sort it, if it is their fault make sure you bill them

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Who fitted the engine for you? Did they fit it right? If so take it back to BB as they havent done a proper job and need to sort it, if it is their fault make sure you bill them

BB wont do anything. I paid them £1600 last year for one of their cam conversions. I had problems from the start but after getting confirmation from numerous other companies the car was,nt right they just started getting really sh*tty about it. Even on my last visit i was close to be assulted by the boss. Ive wrote them a letter saying i want something done about the car and they wrote back saying the car was fine and nothing will be done.
Im now the SECOND car to have major problems with this conversion and they just dont want to know.

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!

BB wont do anything. I paid them £1600 last year for one of their cam conversions. I had problems from the start but after getting confirmation from numerous other companies the car was,nt right they just started getting really sh*tty about it. Even on my last visit i was close to be assulted by the boss. Ive wrote them a letter saying i want something done about the car and they wrote back saying the car was fine and nothing will be done.
Im now the SECOND car to have major problems with this conversion and they just dont want to know.

Bloody hell mate that aint good!

TBH thats the impression im getting they will build it charge you and forget you!

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
true! have you checked the turbo?

Havent checked the turbo as the car was runing fine before the swop no smoke, no noise not a thing!

Its only done about 8k since the conversion surley it wouldnt go that quick???

williams 2 turbo
Told you , i should of had that engine and you stick with the n/a one. woo hoo mines faster than yours, well for a little bit at least. how you keeping?

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
Told you , i should of had that engine and you stick with the n/a one. woo hoo mines faster than yours, well for a little bit at least. how you keeping?

Haha very funny Steve! Even the girl freinds saxo is quicker at the mo!

Im good you mate? even better when the turbo runing smooth! (Bloody clios!)

Everything ok with the williams lump now? And hows the Maxi coming on?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
i'd say the person who did the conversion for you has messed up mate.what management is used on the conversion? did the person who carried out the conversion into your williams take everythink from your old car?? fuel pump,etc.i would say its definently due to the conversion if the car was runing fine before. i'd just get somebody off here to cum have a look.yozza seems ya best bet mate.

Black Clio GT
black smoke on boost means its not getting enough fuel and is pulling a bit of oil through this could be an ecu problem or a fuel pump problem!!

i would speak to the person who did the conversion and check exactily what he did and how he did it!!

williams 2 turbo
im wondering,,did he swap fuel pumps from donor clio as mentioned before. knowing how he messes me round, it may be worth checking. p.s wasnt it just the brakes that were the problem in the first place?.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
was the mechanic who carryed out the conversion anythink to do with modifying? i mean is he just a general machanic who wouldn't think twice about swapping things over like uprated fuel pumps etc? maybe its wiring related? im sure bb would have had to make up some wiring for management etc..