ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Some maps are great at 64 but one or two maps aren't. I really really like the PS3 conquest set up on it, I'm just not settled in on this.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
The frame rate (if that's what it is) drops MASSIVELY when the levolutions take place, so much so that the game almost pauses.

Also, on PS3 the Siege of Shanghai levolution was a tad disappointing, as when you can see the building split in half all you can see is white, I thought for the PS4 version they would have added some detail into it but it's the same.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Not noticed that myself, seems to be fine on mine.

I should have said, it seems fine but when you are up close it happens. For example if you are on the hotel roof, on Hainan resort when part of the building collapses, few of us had the same issue recently.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Turned this on earlier to play the campaign and it started from the beginning with no option to start where I finished off last time.

what a joke.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Turned this on earlier to play the campaign and it started from the beginning with no option to start where I finished off last time.

what a joke.

On Xbox One?

I had the same with it on PS4. Not gonna start it again until they patch it though really enjoying MP.

I have never ever raged at a game as much as this and bf3, it drives me up the f**king wall. I need to give it up I think.

I find its very dependent on your team. If you get a half decent team then the game is generally awesome. Get a $hit team and the rage quickly builds.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Found out how to change vehicle controls to BF3 ones - OPtions - Vehicle controls - Veteran (use triggers to accelerate rather than analogue forward).

Also - used my China rising DLC but if I try to join a server using those maps it directs me immediately to the "Buy Premium" page.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i inputted my code when i first played it, then i went to the store last night to download it and it only offered me the premium package, i have no idea how I'm supposed to actually get it. I tried to redeem the code again and it just said it was already redeemed.

this does seem to be a bit of a shambles.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
i inputted my code when i first played it, then i went to the store last night to download it and it only offered me the premium package, i have no idea how I'm supposed to actually get it. I tried to redeem the code again and it just said it was already redeemed.

Exactly the same as me.

WOnt be purchasing Premium just in case!!

Had a 55 min long game of Conquest last nght. Levelled up 2 times. Got booted came back in and yeahhhhh back to rank 6. Cheers EA!!

Does it boot you all the way back to the Xbox home screen too?

dk

911 GTS Cab
ive not had that, but then I've not played it online hardly, al the stories have basically put me off.

Clio 172
Had a 55 min long game of Conquest last nght. Levelled up 2 times. Got booted came back in and yeahhhhh back to rank 6. Cheers EA!!

If you get kicked don't rejoin the server as you'll lose your points from that game. That has always been the case with the BF series, join next round.

I had a patch to download last night (again) for the pc, played for three hours and levelled up 7 times, now rank 76. Its all getting a bit silly with battle packs and a double xp all the time. If they want to make it like COD then ffs rename the series as the reason I play the BF series is for its realism.

Oh and the unmanned drones, wtf? Can kill a tank with one hit from anywhere, road kill troops, most over powered kit in the game.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I think the ranking up system is alright tbh. Not too fast like COD but fast enough that you don't lose interest. I've played 11 hours and am rank 11.

I definitely think though that rocket launchers are underpowered. 4-5 rockets to destroy a tank? Surely thats not right?

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Played 4 straight hours on this last night, all obliteration. The rounds had no lag what so ever. Attack boats are devestating, probably my favourite vehicle in the game

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Isn't China Rising only available to Premium users at the moment? They get it 2 weeks early. So although you've put your code in, it's not actually released yet to everyone else.

I think.

Fiesta ST-3
Love voice commands on the kinnect. Tbh it be nice to play with some of you lads on here. I also love the revised tunnels and halls on op metro. Gives it a new dimension.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Are the servers down tonight or something? Been trying to get onto multiplayer all evening and keep getting "You have lost connection to the session" messages...

Ph 1 172
Are the servers down tonight or something? Been trying to get onto multiplayer all evening and keep getting "You have lost connection to the session" messages...

This is is really starting to f**k me off now, payed £400+ for a console and game that is completely unplayable, can't even get into a game just constant "lost connection to ea servers" they should be fixing this now!! I wouldn't mind if they where atleast giving some info of when it will be fixed but ea/dice seem to be keeping everything under cloak and dagger

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

what a joke.

This is is really starting to f**k me off now, payed £400+ for a console and game that is completely unplayable, can't even get into a game just constant "lost connection to ea servers" they should be fixing this now!! I wouldn't mind if they where atleast giving some info of when it will be fixed but ea/dice seem to be keeping everything under cloak and dagger

Which console you on? Xbox One?

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member

You're not well up on EA's priorities are you? Make money with new DLC's first then fix issues if they can be bothered second. That's normally how it works with them.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Some PS4 issuess have been sorted:

We at DICE have a long tradition of supporting our games and our community well after the release of a title. While millions of players are enjoying Battlefield 4, we are aware that some players are experiencing issues with the game.

If you are one of them, this Battlefield 4 tracker will give you the latest updates in regards to some of the top issues we are going to fix and fan feedback we’re implementing in the game. We always work with trackers for our games internally which enables us to track and fix bugs as quickly as possible. We’ve never made it external before, but this seems like a great way to keep you constantly updated on how we’re progressing.

Before we dive into the tracker, please keep in mind this is not a comprehensive list – we’re working on some smaller fixes as well. Each of the issues in this tracker will have one of three statuses. We’re commited to fixing all issues in this tracker (and more.)

BATTLEFIELD 4 TOP ISSUES TRACKER
Bug accounting for a quarter of the crashes on PS4
Platform(s): PS4

EMP blur effect
Platform(s): All

One-hit kill bug where players sometimes take damage twice from the same bullet

Loss of SP progress that can happen after quit and restart on PS4
Platform(s): PS4

Game Mode ribbons are counted twice

4X damage from miniguns when using Defensive specialization

Players sometimes get stuck in kill cam after revive

Bug accounting for a majority of crashes on next-gen/PC
Platform(s): PC, PS4, X1

Players sometimes become spectators while still alive in Defuse mode

Players sometimes get stuck in revive screen

Desynchronized game world where objects have different states for different players

Join queue disabled on consoles
Platform(s): All consoles

Bug accounting for a large amount of crashes on X360
Platform(s): X360

Squad spawn sometimes positions you under the terrain

Hit markers and crosshairs sometimes disappear
Platform(s): PC

Rubber banding issues for some players with solid Internet connections

Some instances of no hit effects and no damage to opponent in your sights

Damage received is sometimes delayed by a few frames

Incorrect matchmaking on Xbox One
Platform(s): X1

Server browser filters are not fully functioning

Sudden frame rate drops during certain in-game events

The "Sound Loop Crash"

Statuses explained
INVESTIGATING means we are aware of a specific issue and working to reproduce it. Often, getting a solid reproduction is what actually allows us to eliminate a bug in the end.

FIXING means that we have been able to reproduce an issue and are working on a fix. This might be a simple line of code or a larger task. Once we have the solution, we code, test and get it live. An issue with the label FIXING is on its way to being resolved.

FIX LIVE means that we have fixed the issue in a patch that has already gone live. For example, we had a bug that accounted for a quarter of all crashes on PS4. That issue was fixed in the latest PS4 game update that went live Dec 5. Many other issues are already addressed.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Just counted on the things of that list that's still happening to me up to now and it's 7. Yet it still crashed 3 times in the space of an hour n bit tonight. Very very frustrating

RX7 FD
I get the sound bug and some crashes between maps. It has been a long time since it died on me mid map.

Overall not too upset by BF4. Love playing!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The game is simply too big and complex for its own good. Funny on how the older, simpler BF's never had as many issues as this. BF3 set a new standard in feck-ups (one of the main reason's why I jacked it in) - but they don't appear to have learnt much with the release of BF4.

Can EA/DICE plan to make a more focused affair - rather than being rehashed mess of 3 and 4? I really hope they can.

D.