ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Another benefit of being in vehicles with the IR sights - snipers hiding away, light up like a Christmas tree. Unless they have that stealth unlock.

That's a decent point. I've got a few scopes unlocked now that have the IR/night feature.

Clio 172
Not sure on consoles Darren but on the pc you hit F, problem is it's not a split second thing its like a 2 second reaction time so the whole point of knifing in the first place is null and void. ON BF3 you could knife people from pretty much anywhere, you could run past someone and grab them to knife them, BF4 has made it the hardest thing since trying to get 300 igla kills. A clan mate knifed a guy on the ground who somehow turned around and countered his knifing. Now as far as I am aware if someone knifes you in the back you can't counter it you will be dead, not anymore so once again Thanks EA and Dice for f**king up one of the best parts of the BF series.

1.8 Civic EX
I'm not sure what the change view button is yet, either. Hate driving that tank in first person, as I like to see which sneaky c*nts are planting C4 on the rear.

Click in the right analouge stick to change view in vehicles I believe.

On a lighter note - some of the custom options for servers are silly. I got booted from a server that had a "NO KILL" policy after I shot at someone. Essentially the 'players' were content to simply acquire conquest ribbons by capturing points. I mean - COME ON, FFS! That would be like playing Forza or GT and actually not racing! :quiet:

D.

lol thats just daft.....

Managed to get a few "knife" kills with my machette, couple of snipers lying on the floor and few peeps using various launchers on air vehicles. Not had anyone counter me yet.

Being in the ac130 gunship is pretty cool, literally just rain down all sorts of fire across the whole map :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure on consoles Darren but on the pc you hit F, problem is it's not a split second thing its like a 2 second reaction time so the whole point of knifing in the first place is null and void. ON BF3 you could knife people from pretty much anywhere, you could run past someone and grab them to knife them, BF4 has made it the hardest thing since trying to get 300 igla kills. A clan mate knifed a guy on the ground who somehow turned around and countered his knifing. Now as far as I am aware if someone knifes you in the back you can't counter it you will be dead, not anymore so once again Thanks EA and Dice for f**king up one of the best parts of the BF series.

Nice one - I'll try that. Does seem a little daft with DICE's meddling in a feature that worked fine before.

Click in the right analouge stick to change view in vehicles I believe.

lol thats just daft.....

I forgot I snapped a pic of that server last night. Definitely one to avoid in the future. The server name sums it up perfectly "XP Farming" ffs?? :S

Nokill_zps9b4dc7cd.jpg

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I forgot I snapped a pic of that server last night. Definitely one to avoid in the future. The server name sums it up perfectly "XP Farming" ffs?? :S

I'm sure you can go in to some empty servers and capture flags to build up XP, then switch team to repeat and rinse.

Unless they've patched that now.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I know this is all subjective and down to personal preference, but what sensitivity settings do you use in game?

The default is set to 20, but many suggested this was too high, so I reduced mine down to 15 without even really testing 20. I did, however, try 50, which had me doing 360's while trying to aim anywhere.

I guess you get used to any setting, and I've no doubts that the higher the setting, the better you'll become in the long run.

Track 172, Focus RS
I know this is all subjective and down to personal preference, but what sensitivity settings do you use in game?

The default is set to 20, but many suggested this was too high, so I reduced mine down to 15 without even really testing 20. I did, however, try 50, which had me doing 360's while trying to aim anywhere.

I guess you get used to any setting, and I've no doubts that the higher the setting, the better you'll become in the long run.

Might be different between consoles and PC but I'm using 70 and I think Liam. Is using 100

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Jesus - I always turn down the standard sensitivity on FPS games - some are silly, like Scutch says - making you do a 360 spin in about half an inch of mouse travel.

I watched a bloke on an opposing team who clearly had his ramped up. The tank turret swung around comically fast! There does appear to be a tenuous relationship between how fast people have inputs and how good they are. Faster players normally are the better ones. For me, I'll stick to sloth-speed..... ;)

D.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Double triangle mate!

I got stuck at the revive screen then, wouldn't let me accept or deploy, had to wait until the game ended, boosts also aren't working for me.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Really liking this so far. Though can't seem to find any hardcore matches.

Put about 2 hours into the campaign and I've lost my progress.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Yup. Same as many others.

For HC games, sign into the Battlelog and choose multiplayer and filter the servers, then join game. It'll activate in your console game. Quite clever. It also updates stats etc. in live play.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Seen a rough 50/50 split on the PC between HC and Barbie modes. Pretty fortunate that I can pick and choose.

I really, really, really like the lack of crosshair on HC mode - makes ADS just so important (and enjoyable) imo.

D.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Is there any way to change vehicle controls away from the god awful 'stick forward' acceleration??

Much prefer using the triggers

I hated the stick movements on this and wanted the BF3 trigger movements, but trust me you will get use to them and you'll think nothing of it

Fiesta ST-3
I too am struggling with the sensitivity on the XBOX One. But I'm trying to break through it and improve my skillzz.

Only got the Xbox one last night but it carried all my stats, unlocks and premium package across from 360 which is epic. A weekend of practice is in order. Will Scutch be about?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Knifing is an absolute joke, I have over 2000+ knife kills in BF3, BF4 about 10. I even had a counter countered yesterday I mean wtf is that about? Might as well shot the bloke.

Thats allot of knife kills that, I've had around 200 all together . It is harder like esp getting counter knifed. I really like getting the satisfaction of the knife kill as you say but all it takes for you to follow him for 1 minutes to catch up behind him for him to turn around as he heard you and counter knife you very very frustrating . Yep much easier to just shoot him at least you got 1 kill more and move on

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Except the AC130 is hilariously underpowered. Like pretty much every vehicle weapon.

Yep I can vouch for that, it should have the same power as it had on MW2 in the AC . Even worse when it almost looses health and you bail out and your outside of the map and you die in action cos you couldn't get back inside the map in time

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
That flood zone map is rediculas you spawn die, kill someone you die kill another one then you die then you both kill each other. It's very annoying sometimes. 64 man servers I'm not a big fan off. I sure hope they bring out a medium size Conquest than Conquest large

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Played quite a few games of this tonight. No disconnects tonight and was awesome.

Engineer is the class to be IMO.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
This game just gets better the more you play.

though what does annoy me is the guys that take the choppers just to get to the tallest building to snipe from.

FF RB 182
Just been playing this pretty good so far enjoying the game play.

Surprised some of my graphic settings are on low. My computer can't be as good as I thought. lol

This game just gets better the more you play.

though what does annoy me is the guys that take the choppers just to get to the tallest building to snipe from.

Really? I'm the opposite. If it weren't for the fact that I've been signed off work for the last month and have very little else to do, I would have binned this ages ago.

So many problems with it.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Really not enjoying 64 person maps. Any way to reduce?

Ive been looking into it and it's only 64 man server Conquest on the consoles at the minute. On EA forum there's talk about doing a small and medium map for Comquest as like myself and other people some maps it's just too much. 16 v 16 will be spot on for conquest