ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4

Is that... Call of Duty?! :eek:

In a Battlefield thread? Oh no no no.

;)

As it happens, I've never used a keyboard and mouse for games, but then I've never played on a PC.

Yep it is, but only as we were talking about KB+Mouse/Pad :p

Anyway - back to BF4 - many run with Premium? We get a battlepack today, not sure what we'll get.

I only got it as I got BF4+Premium (with all the expansions) for £55.

AK

M240i
I got premium for BF3 then never played if again, lol. Not going to bother with it this time.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I bought Premium for BF3, yeah. Wasn't too bad. Quite enjoyed the game modes and extras.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of bugs and server problems on launch for next gen, but I'm off from the 25th to 29th November anyway so I'm psyched for this and Fifa.

Fiesta ST
Yep that's the same thing here, tried everything else on the 4770k, it's only BF4 that it doesn't like, can't remember the blue screen number but was something like 0x0000124.

Maybe it specifically doesn't like 4.6Ghz :p

Well running at 4.5Ghz no crashing ;) nice one mate!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Well running at 4.5Ghz no crashing ;) nice one mate!

Crashed twice in the campaign with different DirectX errors. Can't be arsed trying to rectify the issue - probably just wait for a few weeks until they get their act together.

I honestly cannot remember a game crashing since they released the appropriately named 'Rage' a few years ago - where it was initially unplayable on ATi cards. Aside from running a Quadro in the dedicated Physx role, my system is pretty damn mainstream. I can't believe that there are issues on such a major release, like I'm having. Poor - very poor. It only had a reformat two weeks ago too.

I'll just go back to playing the remaining 99.999999999% of my gaming catalog that works. ;)

D.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
What's the App I need for BattleFeed for the iPad?

I much prefer playing Conquest than Rush on this, was the other way round on BF3. Certainly makes a difference when you got a commander and the other team hasn't constantly using UAV's. To be honest very few are using the commander feature I've noticed

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Got a little further in the campaign running it in 32-bit (for which I have to applaud DICE (bizarrely) - well done for a mainstream dev to be pushing 64-bit versions!) - but it still bombs out with DX11 problems.

The DX error actually relates to a belief that the PC thinks the graphics card has been removed - lol. :S

D.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
What's the App I need for BattleFeed for the iPad?

I much prefer playing Conquest than Rush on this, was the other way round on BF3. Certainly makes a difference when you got a commander and the other team hasn't constantly using UAV's. To be honest very few are using the commander feature I've noticed

Battlelog I'd assume. Yeah I prefer CQ 100% now.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Found it thanks. Finding the right set up for your gun is a bit of a mission on this compared to 3. Finding the stubby and the ergo grip helps a great deal for me.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Got a little further in the campaign running it in 32-bit (for which I have to applaud DICE (bizarrely) - well done for a mainstream dev to be pushing 64-bit versions!) - but it still bombs out with DX11 problems.

The DX error actually relates to a belief that the PC thinks the graphics card has been removed - lol. :S

D.

GetDeviceRemovedReason()? DXGI_blahblah_HUNG? :)

Fiesta ST2 MP215
It crashes all the same on Console btw not just PC, it's constantly freezing on reviving someone, claymores and being in a chopper when it goes bang, it's almost like Bethesda made this game, big Vehicle maps also take a good 30 seconds to load up upon spawn, it starts off with 16bit graphics.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I feared this. Worth spending money on? I don't really fancy spending forty odd bucks to look at pretty graphics for 4 hours. I miss the days when shooter campaigns were like 20 hours long. Might skip this.

I've read that Call of Duty Ghosts allegedly has a meaty single player, so I'll probably get that instead.

Not worth paying full retail for IMHO if your only buying for the single player, its over before you know it.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Not worth paying full retail for IMHO if your only buying for the single player, its over before you know it.

Not sure, Blackops 2 MP was utter b****cks except Zombies on Nuketown and the single player was pretty damn good, esp when you get to be that guy running around with Molotovs and a machete chopping everything up, that was one SP well worth paying for,

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Found it thanks. Finding the right set up for your gun is a bit of a mission on this compared to 3. Finding the stubby and the ergo grip helps a great deal for me.
Try the CBJ-MS with red dot sight it's pretty good.

Clio 172

Setting weapons up has pissed me right off, spending 5 minutes of game time trying to find a scope really does take the piss, it looks like it was designed by a 5 year old its so badly laid out.

Fiesta ST-3
Setting weapons up has pissed me right off, spending 5 minutes of game time trying to find a scope really does take the piss, it looks like it was designed by a 5 year old its so badly laid out.

Do it on your smart phone via battle log. That's what I do. Very simple and neat.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Went to the top of the tower on the storm map and picked up the sniper rifle, started shooting a scout heli and blew him up with it, lol! Got some hate mail from the pilot too. :D

I have a nice bug on the pc version - I play in windowed borderless - every new game I start means the game starts in a small 1280x720p window, if I alt+enter the game crashes.

Have to go to graphics settings, changed to windowed, then go in again and change back to borderless and it fixes itself. It's only a 10second job, but frustrating doing it every game.

HBT 172 Cup
Argghh everyone in this game seems to have the f**king reaction times of god himself.

I've had gun fights with sooo many people where we both kill each other and die at the same time, how does that even happen?

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Sorted my PC crashes out by simply going back to the previous nVidia WHQL driver from early October, iirc?

Restarted the PC and tried it. It's not crashed once since. I'm amazed it was something so simple - I haven't had to rollback a graphics driver in goddamn years! ;)

D.

Honest opinions people..

is is this worth buying on the 360?

Ghosts is terrible and can't afford next gen for a while and don't want another turkey!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Argghh everyone in this game seems to have the f**king reaction times of god himself.

I've had gun fights with sooo many people where we both kill each other and die at the same time, how does that even happen?

You shoot someone in the head while they do the same to you and see who survives.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I need a shooter APART from ghosts! It's either this or go black ops 2 old school!
In that case, 100% yes lol. If I'm honest I didn't like it at all at the start, but I just wasn't used to it. More comfortable with the guns and maps now though, really enjoying it.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
In that case, 100% yes lol. If I'm honest I didn't like it at all at the start, but I just wasn't used to it. More comfortable with the guns and maps now though, really enjoying it.

Usually like this with many games, Battlefield especially.

Ok, I'm thinking I might take a gamble! How does it look compared to BF3 on the 360?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Yeah it's fairly similar, the graphics seem to take a few seconds to load on the start of games, bit annoying.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah it's fairly similar, the graphics seem to take a few seconds to load on the start of games, bit annoying.

They did that on BF:BC2, which I've been playing recently. Still such a good game, but you can see how it's aged.

Gol sniper rifle on Laguna Alta. Win.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
They did that on BF:BC2, which I've been playing recently. Still such a good game, but you can see how it's aged.

Gol sniper rifle on Laguna Alta. Win.

Lol - the GOL was the one of choice! I was pretty hopeless at all the sniping in the BF games - BF2 in particular. But I've been trying with that standard MK11 MOD0 semi-sniper rifle and I'm finding it pretty damn good. It doesn't have the power (I'm assuming) that the heavier calibre snipers will have, but it's a good all-rounder with easily predictable bullet-drop.

As it's useable by all the classes, I might try and stick with that. :)

D.

Im always epicaclly bad with any sniper... any game lol!

Whats the best assault rifle you can start with?

Nimbus Megane R26
Iv just got a refund for this from origin. Rubbish game. They didn't listen to what the community said about BF3 and just rushed another game out. Even simple things like scope glint that looks like a flashlight. For years the community has said get it sorted..BF4 has it and its even worse! You would think that with all the gadgets you can get eg lasers/millions of different sights etc..you would think they would see that the is such thing as glint free glass to go on the scopes etc..

Rubbish game.