ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 1

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Been playing on and off for a week or so now and it's not bad, although seem to struggle with feeling any 'depth' from a lot fps lately after playing Battlegrounds a lot. But it's good for a run around and shoot stuff bit of fun :)

What are the good guns to try and upgrade to? Mostly playing support and sniper, find that medic rifle annoying in that doesn't have a scope to be used at longer range but isn't as good as an auto closer up.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
The mondragen sniper is pretty good.
The extended thing that you need to unlock is good at close range
The default medic rifle is ok too

Sniper

Gwher 98 for long ish range
Above but the 95 marksman for close ish range
The smle thing is good at medium range
The martini Henry is good for noise and normally a one shot kill

They all have their sweet spot, depends on your style of playing

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Had a good run using the mortar last night, was at 18-1 at one point with it.
Will see what I can unlock next time I'm on :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Over the passed couple of game days the hit detection is getting right on my nerves, to the point where i'm looking at buying cod 4 lol. Anyone else having issues?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Lol. I'm still doing okay etc but sometimes my kills (i like to snipe) and deaths are just like wtf.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I know there is or was a patch coming out for the time to kill, so that's maybe where the issue is. Bought cod 4 so will see what that's like.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
See i thought it was me being daft. But sniping last night, clear line of sight, not that far away and i reckon 4 bullets did sweet nothing.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Gas grenades that go through a wall/door etc are also annoying and amusing in equal amounts.

Like if you're playing Fort de Vaux and someone has closed/locked a door in front of you.
Chuck the gas grenade down and kill them through a locked blast door.

Evo 5 RS
or you end up dying after having run round a corner, thats f**king annoying.

New map is out today/tomorrow.

Yeah. That's because of the server side hit detection. You might very well be in cover but the server might not see it that way. It's par for the course with Battlefield games. Heck, if any of you were around for Battlefield 1942 you'd realise BF1 is a symbol of excellence in comparison as far as net code is concerned.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
New update has launched.

6 new maps (1 was released the other week) loads of new guns, 2 new vehicles, new grenade etc etc.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah. Looking forward to trying the new maps.

Anyone heard if they are doing premium friends anytime soon? Piggyback onto a premium pass member.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
One of the new maps is absolutely terrible for snipers, it's huge, flat and there's f**k-all cover.
Over half the people playing it last night were snipers, the Russian one's camouflage so much better you can't see any of the b******s.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Think i saw a video of that, levelcap I think.

Was saying how open it was and they might look to add stuff, I'm assuming they haven't.

Been playing bf4 whilst waiting for the update, fun game. Will have a blast on bf1 later.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The new DLC has some rubber banding issues to top it off.
The issues are all purely down to the online medium as well. If you switch to any of the single player campaigns, it almost feels like a different game in its accuracy and feel.

I really liked the entire campaign. Just a shame the online stuff didn't follow suit.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Liking the new maps.

Only had a few games but thought they were great. Forget the name, the one where it's a fest in the middle.

Was going 0-6 and was like 'really'. Pulled it back to 15-12 or something. But yeah liking the new updates

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Centre point is an absolute shitshow, can get a few quick kills but you can die even faster.
You can get a bunch of kills sitting further back and picking people off as they try and attack that building, or just run round the edge and take A or C points.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed. Was watching level cap reviewing the new maps. That map needs changing.

The operation map setups are decent. Got 41-9 on one of them lol

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Have you used the new assault truck yet??

Absolute mission to drive the thing correctly, really shows how poor the driving controls are in the game.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
IMG_3668.JPG
Nah. Vehicles don't interest me tbh. Had very strange goings on during the game. Think it was the internet playing up.

Tried to spawn in and this happened lol.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
View attachment 1335057 Nah. Vehicles don't interest me tbh. Had very strange goings on during the game. Think it was the internet playing up.

For me, this is where the BF games completely overshadow the likes of COD. Admittedly vehicles are a bit of a weak point in BF1, but usually they are pretty good.

I remember the old days on BF2142 storming into a base in a walker with all guns blazing. Then realising that an engineer (or two) had dropped loads of motion mines around you on the ground. Even one step could be enough movement if the mines were close enough to be triggered. Worse, being sat still made you a sitting duck for any other anti-vehicle weaponry.

Damn it EA - just get BF2143 built and released, won't you? :smile:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
What's the deal with the one shot (or so it seems) pistol?

Need to get myself one of those. Although using the mars to finish a player off is great lol

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The 4-barrel thing? I don't think it's one-shot, had some guy come at me with it blazing away.
Still managed to turn him into Swiss-cheese with an MG 15.