ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery / Stop Warning Lights

RenaultSport clio 182 '04
'04 Renault Clio 182

Stop light and battery light have been coming on recently whilst driving. Lights normally go out when I'm accelerating and then they come back on normally when I put the clutch in to brake / change gear. Read the user manual and it said the battery may be getting too much charge or may not be getting enough charge. Had a look under the bonnet the other week prior to taking it to the main dealer (I'm not mechanically minded). There was a connection that seemed to be loose which I pushed in (looked to be connected to the Alternator) and the light never came back on so I didn't visit the dealer. About 2 weeks passed by and the lights came on again tonight. There was a downpour and the wipers were giving it some, would this have taken that much energy from the battery? Previous occassion, driving conditions were normal with no need for heating, wipers etc.

Can you think of any reason(s) why this should be happening?

Thanks