ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery light flashing!!

N Reg modded Clio RT
on a short journey yesterday the battery light was flashing randomly. GOt in the car this morning and is doing the same, then got to traffic lights and all my warning lights came on!! then they went off and battery light still flashing.

What could it be? dodgy Earth somewhere?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
first point of call for me would be to check connections on the battery are tight if that failed i would then check the earth to the chasis, and alternator earth matey, best bet is to just follow the cables around.

N Reg modded Clio RT
ok, just found out we forgot to screw on the red bit onto the battery terminal last time we undid it. Now it's lost lol

Screwed a nut on it with some vaseline instead.

Hopefully should sort the problem

Audi TT 3.2 V6
not 100% at the min mate, just had a look in my haynes manual and cant find any info and cant really look at my car as im just about to head down to london, if no one elese has helped you by tommorow i will have a look under my bonnet. "edde" might be the best person to ask hes pretty much a technical guru on the clio, drop him a pm n im sure hell help

N Reg modded Clio RT
This is a problem for you. If you want the Red screw back onto your clio battery, go to a scrappy you'll get one there for a few pence or 5 finger discount.

to be honest i think the nut we've put on there now will suffice. ill keep my eyes peeled for clios in a scrappy though