ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Basic CAD workstation advice?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Chaps,

At one of our production sites, we're looking into buying a new PC that's sole focus is on using SolidWorks 3D CAD. It will be used for the designs of various tooling and machinery bits - allowing the engineers to make amendments and suggestions on, etc.

This naturally points me to the likes of the Quadro series of cards, but that's about my limit on knowing what's relevant and what's not. My middle-of-the-road view would be to consider the likes of the P2000 with the graphical work not being too demanding. Would this be a good shout?

Likewise, should I be looking into Xeons in having any CAD performance benefits over the likes of an i7?

Both of the above I've simply considered as I believe that's the best way to head! But I'd much prefer to hear from people who use these things and hear their advice than me simply buying some inappropriate kit. Oh, and it's 99.9% likely to be running Windows 10 x64, if that has any bearing on the hardware?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Cheers,
D.