ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bak in the club with clio 172 number 5

Hi all,

Took delivery of my fifth renault clio 172 yesterday. It is a 2002 model with 35k on the clock. It is in stunning condition, has had 5 previous owners. The only thing that the car needs is a good wash and polish and a cd cartridge for the multichanger. Also it only had part service history but the condition and price of the car sealed the deal for me, just going to get the timing belt changed just to be on the safe side. :D

Dont know if it has been on here at all over the years, the car has been on a private plate since new. Reg was R3OLC.

5 of them and you still get the model wrong :dapprove:

I think that plate was Rob's. It was black, on its arse and have dark/black wheels if it's the one I'm thinking of.

What do you mean I have the model wrong. :S

Might not have been robs car as this is monaco blue and totally standard. Thanks for the reply though.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Rob's was a similar plate, but his was only a 1.2.

It's not a Clio Sport. That's what Dan meant... it's a Renaultsport 172.

I see. I will use the correct terminology in future. :D

It is a nice low mileage example which is exactly what I wanted.

Thanks for the comments. It is still classed as a low mileage car with 35k on it.

If I had bought the car 18 months ago it would have only covered 16,500 miles. The last owner has done 18,000 miles in it during the last 18 months.

IMGP2992.jpg

IMGP2991.jpg

IMGP2990.jpg

Yeah the cup spoiler was an added bonus. The car also has a 6 cd autochanger in it and a toad cat 1 alarm system as well which was not advertised in the auction. Car is turning out to be a bigger bargain everyday. :D

The only thing that lets it down in my opinion and this is being fussy is that the front bumper and bonnet seem to have a hell of a lot of stone chips on them.

The leather on the drivers seat by the airbag looks very saggy, possibly gone off in the past....

I thought it looked a bit saggy but it all seems ok.

I cant wait for the challenge to make the car a spotless example again. I have made a list now of everything that I need to do to acheive what I want and it should not take too long to acheive. I could not wish for a better example for the money I paid.:D

My list of things to do before the mods start is:

1 - take off the private reg
2 - respray the front bumper
3 - have a dent man out to remove the dents from the bonnet and passenger door
4 - buy a cd magazine for the autochanger
5 - get some car mats
6 - repair the alloy wheels where they have been scuffed on the edges