ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad MPG

Black Gold Cup Packed 182
lately my 182's consumption has been rather shoite. Im averaging around 23-24 mpg. Ive checked the air filter and its as clean as a whistle. Anyone with any ideas to the problem?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
What mpg do your 172 182's get around town ? I get about 26/27 keep hearing bout people gettin 33 35 ! only get that on a run !:rasp:

black gold 182
i get low 30's at best but to be honest about town its prob mid 20's and im a fairly sensible driver but have my moments lol.

TVR Cerbera
keep hereing about these lambda sensor's were abouts are they?

In the exhaust, one before the cat and one after as standard

I have been getting 27-30 on 233bhp with bodies. think you guys have a problem or have a large brick where your right foot should be!

bodied 172 Ph1
I agree about the lambda sensor possibly being the problem. Around town I get low to mid 30's. But on a long drive i have managed up to 42mpg. Depends how heavy my right foot is and how much of a rush I'm in!!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Who else gets mid 30's round town then ? It must be a town wiv no traffic ! :D Mine has always done mid 26/27 round town from new ???

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Used to get 38 on a motorway run and around 32 to 34 around town now only getting 32 on the motorway and i thought i had problems.... so is the Lambda sensor covered by warranty or do renault consider it a consumable?