ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad Flames!

SQ5
Well what an eventful night I had last night! Some sound deadening came loose off of the back of the engine bay and parted onto the manifold. Car filled with smoke so went straight to a garage with hope of a fire extinguisher! Was there one? NO! So after opening bonnet and seeing a small flame to running round the petrol station, it then turned into a fairly bit bigger fire.

GF's bro had ran off and foudn a taxi place 1/4 mile up road who pottered around bringing a fire extinguisher. All I got do was sit and watch it burn :(

3 traffic police had turned up within 2 minutes of the 999 call but the fire brigade went to the wrong Shell garage :rolleyes:

The manifold must of been roasting as the baffles in the rear box were glowing red. Await my Good Flames post later on!

6d06cb74.jpg

57457206.jpg

It doesn't look to be too much damage, possible loom melting, reservoir pots all melted, scuttle panel and wiper motor melted. Bonnet paint has come away and distorted a fair bit. Going to look at it in a bit to determine the damage. Luckily I have a scrapper 172 here with most of the bits I need!

BG 182 FF
jesus! :eek:, could have been a lot worse, a least everyone was ok and hope everything gets fixed soon.

JB

RB 182 Cup
Oh crap! Are those flames as high as the bonnet or just over exposed on the camera? I've got a mini extinguisher sitting on my desk, think I'm going to go and bolt it into my cab after seeing that.

Bus w**ker
Could have been much worse mate, at least you're all right and hopefully most of the car will be salvageable. But if not I like your plan B.

If you get it back on the road though you're going to have to have it re-sprayed flamer ;).

SQ5
Respray was already on the cards, it just maybe sooner now!

The bonnet was on fire, the flames were that big! It so gutting just standing there watching knowing you can't do f**k all about it, just getting bigger and bigger :(

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Sheeeet!

On fire renault baiting the pugs, :)

Hope its back up and running soon enough!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Yeah was a shitter for sure :( Feel proper bad for you mate, police where useless as ever as well, loved it how they cained it off at 50+ in a 30 as well.

RB 182
s**t! sorry to see that but hope its not an expensive fix for you. Good to see nobody hurt to which is always a bonus. Thats the second clio i've seen on fire on here. Think the other one was a black V6 but it's hardly ever been mentioned;)

Last edited:
  DCi 100
Holy fork! Just be glad you got out etc and werent trapped in with the doors locked/all electrics dead.

Could be worse dude!

mXm31.png

340i
Bad news man... Looks like you where VERY lucky though!

Hopefully the damage isn't too bad, similar thing happened to my friends 106 gti a couple of years ago the manifold caught something in the engine bay and the whole bay went up in flames.. But that wrote the car off

Focus RS mk1
thats mad! cannot belive the petrol station had no fire extinguisher what a joke!!! health and safety officer needs to make a trip there!!

Civic Type S GT
Holy sh*t!! Hope you get it sorted soon dude and hope it doesn't sting your wallet much either!

Terrible news danny, only saw you a couple of hours before!! I have had a fire extinguisher in the back of my car ever since seeing an ITB Clio car burn to the ground at Snet (I think you were there Danny) as it makes the difference between a small fire and total loss. Hope you managed to get it sorted out mate.