ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back after an 8 year break..

172 Cup
Just logged back in for the first time since 2009!

Had a 172 cup and a 182 trophy back then but since moved on to other marques (mainly Lotus) and currently have an Exige Sport 350.

Have a little boy now and fancying something decent value thats more interesting to drive than the diesel work barge for weekend family trips and something i can use guilt free on winter track days... has to be another clio! Will probably go 197/200 this time round due to the few extra creature comforts and with my 'sensible dad' hat on they would likely fair much better in a bump.

Will be keeping a close look at the classifieds in coming weeks and will no doubt be back on here for some troubleshooting advice shortly afterwards - genuinely excited about the thought of having another one of these fabulous little cars :)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Just logged back in for the first time since 2009!

Had a 172 cup and a 182 trophy back then but since moved on to other marques (mainly Lotus) and currently have an Exige Sport 350.

Have a little boy now and fancying something decent value thats more interesting to drive than the diesel work barge for weekend family trips and something i can use guilt free on winter track days... has to be another clio! Will probably go 197/200 this time round due to the few extra creature comforts and with my 'sensible dad' hat on they would likely fair much better in a bump.

Will be keeping a close look at the classifieds in coming weeks and will no doubt be back on here for some troubleshooting advice shortly afterwards - genuinely excited about the thought of having another one of these fabulous little cars :smile:

Welcome back buddy

172 Cup
So true. Exiting from the Mafia or dis-joining the Yakuza is an easier step to take.

Welcome back btw - do you think you might miss the 'rawness' of the 172/182 if you're purely looking for track work?

Maybe - but they are boxes I've already ticked and the combination of driving position improvement / better safety appeal to me (im in my early 30s and an old man now!)
Wishlist will be a 197/200 Cup (would totally discount an R27 or FF with Cup Chassis) and Recaros, not really fussed about colour.

Welcome back. Photos of the exige please!

Its a very naughty thing!
DSC_1296.JPG
DSC_1301.JPG
I had an S2 260 before that which i still think i preferred though - a less capable car but a more enjoyable drive for it, ill probably end up back in one before long!
DSC_0975.JPG

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Those S2 Exiges look brilliant, I always remember seeing that one against an Apache on Top Gear way back and wanting one.
Good luck with the search!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Welcome back chap! The 200 I think is a better buy now than the 197. Just personally, finished a little better and seems to have aged better!

Lovely the Exige. I have drive 2 S2 exiges and plenty of elises and the Exige is just insane! I imagine that new one is totally on point!