ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Average price to lower a clio 172 2004?

2004 Clio 182 cup
Hope this is in the right section :) Im wanting to lower the clio by 40ml just with apex lowering springs to replace the standard ones. Ive seen the ones i want for £100, im just wanting to no how much a garage would fit them for, i know garages will vairy in price but i just need to get an average figure, any help on this would be great, thanks.

Lionel Richie
DO NOT fit apex springs, you will ruin your car, Cooksports or Eibachs, everything else is s**t, we charge 1 hour labour to do all 4, do not pay more than that!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
DO NOT fit apex springs, you will ruin your car, Cooksports or Eibachs, everything else is s**t, we charge 1 hour labour to do all 4, do not pay more than that!

This. Came on my 182 when I bought it, truly awful springs.

2004 Clio 182 cup
Best stay clear of them then :) Cant beat this site for information, any idea on the price for Cooksports or Eibachs then?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
As said, i fitted apex springs to my 172. It sits at a nice height but thats the only good thing.

They are s**t!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
As said, i fitted apex springs to my 172. It sits at a nice height but thats the only good thing.

They are s**t! And cheap for a reason.

2004 Clio 182 cup
Cheers Liam, after what ive heard about them on here i wont be going anywhere near them, gunna be Eibachs all the way, just in the process of ordering them now.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Good choice :p

Luke. Was selling some second hand adjustable Koni shocks if your interested.

I was going to get them but ive decided on coilovers instead

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
You don't need the koni shocks, if your current shocks are in good condition then they will be fine.
maybe when your factory shocks start to show signs of deterioration, then look at the Koni's.

2004 Clio 182 cup
Thanks Kelv, the cars only got 44000 miles on it so everythings like new, koni's do sound like a good option further down the line. Anyone got any photos of a sport been lowered 30mm on the back on 45mm on the front?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
You don't need the koni shocks, if your current shocks are in good condition then they will be fine.
maybe when your factory shocks start to show signs of deterioration, then look at the Koni's.

I know that. Just telling him incase he wants them.

Mental 172 Cup
Cooksports are far better the Eibachs..

Apex aren't that bad, they just tend to knock your fillings out if you drive over anything bigger then a rizla paper.. But they give good lows and aren't bad on track..

Koni shocks are another possibility if you want to further upgrade the handling. They are necessary but people have told they are pretty decent..