ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aux tensioner

monaco 172
Hi guys.

Can the aux belt tensioner be bought separately?

I'm running a wrc air con delete and my belts are due in July but it seems daft to buy a full aux belt kit when all I will need from it is the tensioner, as the belt and idler pulley are different.

Europarts list it for around £250 last time I checked..

PH2 172
Hi guys.

Can the aux belt tensioner be bought separately?

I'm running a wrc air con delete and my belts are due in July but it seems daft to buy a full aux belt kit when all I will need from it is the tensioner, as the belt and idler pulley are different.

Europarts list it for around £250 last time I checked..

£250?

RPD list the whole kit for £85.28.

Maybe @bloke has a serviceable tensioner kicking around?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Aux belt kits are out of stock atm. I guess the tensioner comes in the kit with belt as it would be silly to replace one without the ohter. As you've already potentially saved £164.72 I guess you could just buy the aux kit when available!

dan's cast offs.
always works out cheaper buying the full kit. the pivot on the idler/tensioner gives problems but you can strip them and free them off as long as you are careful with the clip. if the tensioner itself is straight then they are generally fine.