ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aux in!!!

Renault clio 2.0 vvt
Buying a 07 clio 2.0 vvt dynamique s 138 on Friday and was wondering if anyone could tell me how n if it's possible to connect aux lead myself as it hasn't got it. Also what is the car like. Cheers

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
If it's anything like the 182, it's a piece of piss to do.

I bought my kit from Matt at MT Audio from here - while included an aux cable and a converter box. Literally two-prong stereo adapters kebab the dashboard to eject the head-unit. The aux cable socket is unique - so you can't physically connect it to the wrong thing.

The aux cable connected to the rear of the head unit - I fed it down to the left side and to the rear of the glove box. There's a small flip-out panel there, that I took a small knick out with a Dremel - though I'm sure a Stanley knife would be just as good. This allows you to pass the cable through and close the panel without kinking the wire.

From there, the converter box provided another lead straight into my iPod. I've had it for years and it works a treat off the standard Clio audio stalk.

What I would check (if you buy the same kit) is the length of the cable from the aux port on the head-unit - down to the rear of the glove-box. It's usually quite short, so you might need a longer one - or extend it slightly if you're a bit capable with a soldering iron.

Renault clio 2.0 vvt
Ah ok cool. How long did it take roughly as ive a short space of patients. I'm going from a 02 1.2 expression so I'm hoping for a difference :)