ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

auto wipers and auto lights, help please

Hi,

Just bought a clio 172 MK2 yesterday so new to this forum, so.. hi everyone! I have been trying to get the auto lights and wipers working. I worked out that you have to have it on intermitant and then the auto wipers work.

But I still cant find out how to get the auto lights to work!!!

Would it definately have auto lights?? Its a 2002 51 Reg!!

I would look in the user manual but unfortunately I only got a German and French version, he lost the English Version.

On that not, anyone have any idea where to get a replacement one from!!

Cheers for your help in advance.

54 astravan 1.7tdci

with one click of the ignition turn the lights on and off twice in quick succession and it should beep(this means there activated),i think its the same to turn them off.hope this helps .cant be arsed goin to check

Just tried this myself and it beeps once the first time then twice the second time I tried. The lights didnt come on on there own either time though! Do the lights have to be in the on position all the time or the off position? Or do they take a while to come on as it is dark out there when I tried it!

Any help appreciated! Cheers...James.

you have to turn the ignition on for them to work...

as soon as the engine turns on they should come on...(when its dark enough)

clio 182 black /gold

Switch the ignition on so dash lights up turn the light stalk on and off twice in a row and a beep should be heard. Now start the engine and put your hand or towel over the windscreen for a few seconds and they should come on.

Cheers for your help guys, that worked a treat!

One more thing, The one touch electric window was working when I picked the car up but now it has stopped working, any ideas??

Cheers

tiTTy & SV650

the window requires a very soft touch in my experience, only works on the driver side not the passenger side too I think

hey guyz, wat do u mean by one click of the ignition ? u mean starting the car ???? one click of the ignition to switch auto lights and double clicks to switch off the ignition. ??? is that wat u mean ???

Quote: Originally posted by shi7a182 on 29 August 2005

hey guyz, wat do u mean by one click of the ignition ? u mean starting the car ???? one click of the ignition to switch auto lights and double clicks to switch off the ignition. ??? is that wat u mean ???
Your a bit confused!

Just click the key once until the battery light, etc comes on, dont start the car up. Then while the keys in this position, flick the light stalk on and off twice and you will hear the beep.