ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto wiper and rain x

PB Clio 172
Hi just wondered seeing as we have auto wipers to the RS would using 'rain x' kinda fluff up the sensor?

like would they be going on when i dont need them too

any experiences?

BMW E34 540i
Before buying the Gordini I never felt I need auto wipers or auto lights but must admit especially lights it is very comfy not needing to remember about them.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Before buying the Gordini I never felt I need auto wipers or auto lights but must admit especially lights it is very comfy not needing to remember about them.

Seriously, THE most pointless 'option' on a car. If you need reminding to put your lights on, you need to rethink your place in society.

BMW E34 540i
Seriously, THE most pointless 'option' on a car. If you need reminding to put your lights on, you need to rethink your place in society.

Pardon me but where did i say I need to be reminded. I tend to not forget switching the lights in my previous cars I just said that at least one thing less on my plate every day. I am sure I am not the only one that can appreciate it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Pardon me but where did i say I need to be reminded. I tend to not forget switching the lights in my previous cars I just said that at least one thing less on my plate every day. I am sure I am not the only one that can appreciate it.

Here.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Both a waste of time. Manual lights and a proper variable intermittent wipe are far better than automatic crap.

172/1.2/E30
I quite like the auto-wipers on my 172, much better then the ones on my mother's BMW. No need for rain x if you have Bosch aerotwins imo.

182cup & 172 racecar
Rain X is fine if you can drive fast,clears a treat.We use it on the race car,hardly have to use the wipers unless it's really pouring it down.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
theres far better products to use than rain x. such as technique g1 or g3, theres also wolfs nano sealant, and auto bright repel. all much better than rain x

PB Clio 172
theres far better products to use than rain x. such as technique g1 or g3, theres also wolfs nano sealant, and auto bright repel. all much better than rain x

yes but do i wanna pay the earth for a bit of window cleaner ? rain x is cool, cheers for the comments guys !

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
yes but do i wanna pay the earth for a bit of window cleaner ? rain x is cool, cheers for the comments guys !

I'm on about the sealents not the cleaners. you'll probably spend more in a year on rain x than you would with correctly applied G1

Auto lights in my experience don't turn themselves on.

I have to turn it on to say setting 1 light rain then if rains harder, the window wipers will change speed.

They never work properly though waste of space. They are always either too fast or too slow.

PB Clio 172
Auto lights in my experience don't turn themselves on.

I have to turn it on to say setting 1 light rain then if rains harder, the window wipers will change speed.

They never work properly though waste of space. They are always either too fast or too slow.

change how often they come on then thats what its for ! i love the feature ! :p

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just buy Gtechniq G1 and you don't have to worry about using your wipers. Claying won't even remove it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You use it once around 5ml in total for 3 layers. Then sell it for £10 posted.

There's nothing that could touch G1. I've reports of it on cars for 2 1/2 years ffs!

G1 is awesome. I have it on mine applied it about 3-4months ago and its still on.

Beading on the motorway is amazing.