ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

auto glym tyre dressing

Clio Trophy
yes... obv going onto a cloth to try on the dash board... just wondering if anyone has tried it. found most dash cleaners are crap lol

Then you haven't tried the correct ones.

AG Tyre Dressing is the same substance as the Vinyl and Rubber care. They are both water based and therefore last as long as most water based dressings...i.e. until it rains. They also attract a lot of dust and dirt and are generally pretty average products. In my opinion.

If you dress your dash with said products, you will have a sticky, shiny surface that attracts dust.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It's ok for shows, but other than that it's crap! When it rains it goes all streaky!

For tyres i won't look by Blackfire tyre gel! The Pneu is good tho, but for the cost of it, it should be.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've used it on tyres and external plastic trim, lasts approx 2 weeks on tyres and over 2 months so far on plastics regularly washed.

tried it on the dash by damping a cloth to get rid of dust, spraying a cloth with the dressing, wipe on and buff off. it looked ok and didn't leave a sticky film after buffing. It does seem to attract dust quite quickly as JD said compared to others but will do when others have run out as a one off

Clio Trophy
well... halfrauds is an arm lengh away from me as is another auto shop... so what is the best dash trim?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Aerospace 303 is nice to use and can use it all round the car. Try to find products that you can combine their usage.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Loller, exactly.

I used Vaseline on my tyres when I was younger.

Can also be used for other things iirc...

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
i regularly use the auto glym tyre spray for tyres + plastic trim. tyres need re-done quite regularly though

Not a 320d
Ken, is that his name?

Kenneth.

303 Aerospace, or Zymol Vinyl.

Tyres has to be Blackfire. If youre a tight t**t then Megs Gold class from halfrauds is good.

Really want to try pneu, is it worth it?