ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi TT Quattro Sport - Clio trophy 147/500 replacement! - Updated Pics Post 142

RX7 FD
Re: Audi TT Quattro Sport - Clio trophy 147/500 replacement!

You sir are now at the bottom of the CS Layer cake.

Nice TT though!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

lol, thats why mine is still sat out in the car park gathering dust. Need to be cool on the internetz :eek:

I still technically have mine too. It's just sat in a yard in Tilbury, missing most parts. Lol.

RS2'd Trophy

Just realised the badges, one missing off the back and one Black. :( Poor car has had a hard life hasn't it? Not literally of course.

I assumed he would have rear tie bars if fitting coils. If not he would surely be going through rear tyres every 2k! There would be mental camber on it if they didn't. Even the Eibachs tuck the wheels in and can affect the tyre. Have a check mate. They can be around £200 a pair but cheaper than tyres every 6 months!

Cheers for the advice Gally,

I assume there is because everything was done at the TTshop modificationwise and all reciepted etc. I will check later. The tyres have worn evenly so far and they are AD08's so I assume the alignment is bob on.

What colour would you do the front badge BTW? I am toying with just a fresh respray in black.

Im thinking silver is a bit too OEM, the anthracite will set it off I reckon. The engine has had the TTS black edition done to all the pipework, looks pretty trick!

Tints are being removed tonight also, looking forward to being able to see out the windows!!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Silver Rings.... Just looks too try hard with black rings.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

May not make the sound of the V6, but power to weight will leave a v6 standing with those mods...
Our remapped 225 was quick and it was all standard bar a remap. I've driven 2 DSG v6s and 4 or 5 225s, one being remapped, and the map makes all the difference.

Mate, I think you got a stunner of a TT, love that it has V6 front bumper, mods are perfect, it's bang tidy IMO!!

Of course it will, the V6 weighs a ton but the sound more than makes up for it's downfall. I love the QS, just lacks the engine.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Colin had his QS sport catted and said it popped and banged. I miss that from the Frp though. I'll need to have a look at mine! :eek:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Of course it will, the V6 weighs a ton but the sound more than makes up for it's downfall. I love the QS, just lacks the engine.

Maybe in your opinion. Me. i'd rather have a tuned 1.8T.

I'm confused

Sold the Trophy because of the new business - fair enough but I'm guessing the only reasons for that is either fuel economy, more room or to look a bit more professional
But you've now got an Audi TT that's smaller, is probably worse/same on fuel - and to be honest looks just as modded as the Clio did... lol

What happened?

£200 on a 3" Badger TIP, Jetex/JR filter, you'll see more BHP.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Me? Really? That's a mad suggestion!

I don't really like Turbo'd cars per se'. I think it was my experience of too many old school cars. Anyway no, if you search for the 1.8t thread you'll see all the reasons I don't really like it and many others.

I love the QS though, contrary, i've driven probably 3 or 4, infact I drove one when they weren't that old, the 3.2 would probably ruin the whole car with it's weight. The fact is the car itself is much cooler than the engine in it, the car has a bit of soul that the engine lacks.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Even I f**king miss yours!

What was your reason for selling first time mate? Just fancied a change?

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Fair do's you don't like turbo cars but to say the car has had a hard life,I wouldn't imagine the sort of person who has all the work done by TTshop wouldn't look after the car

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member

Looks lovely. Agree with silver wheels and no tints etc. Will look great, I'll watch this one

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Fair do's you don't like turbo cars but to say the car has had a hard life,I wouldn't imagine the sort of person who has all the work done by TTshop wouldn't look after the car

You're misquoting me. I said "not literally".

Like people who modify Trophies etc. Just a shame the owner before hasn't kept it closer to oem if you know what I mean.

An orange one

Even I f**king miss yours!

What was your reason for selling first time mate? Just fancied a change?

I was lured in by an e46 m3 convertible... It was a stunning car but the TT was definately quicker in the real world where I'm not a racing driver and we have wet, leaf covered roads...

I will have a TTS or RS next! Could get the S now but could probably get an RS in a year or so....

Z4

Get that looking a bit more standard and it's a very nice looking car!

I had similar mods on my Tt and it really didn't scare me! I find the Clio more lairy personally.
Too much lag on these engines.

Had to laugh at the Tt snobbery in here, neither are good drivers cars so let's all be friends eh.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

I find it really funny how someone has something new on here and all the CS click do is criticise,as if you would pull up a at a petrol garage an say poor car mate that audi ttqs had a hard life (not literally though)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

I actually thought I was being nice. I'll tell you what to do, go have a look at my TT thread and see the ribbing I took, especially for the 60's wheels, did I runaway crying to my mum? No, because like the OP we understand people have different opinions and criticism can actually be helpful!

Like a pair of bloody women! TT snobbery and cliques, utter bullshat. Sorry OP.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member

Avus Silver is an awesome colour. And the black roof really sets it off!

When you selling me yours Gally?

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Oh right cause I go on a few other forums and don't get it on any of those,I suppose it should be expected a Clio forum

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Avus Silver is an awesome colour. And the black roof really sets it off!

When you selling me yours Gally?

Only when you can afford it. ;) It's been so nice in these cold mornings, the Frp was erm, not quite as comfortable and quiet.

Oh right cause I go on a few other forums and don't get it on any of those,I suppose it should be expected a Clio forum

Elaborate?

Nice one James, looks really smart. Shame you got rid of the Trophy :(

Suzuki Jimny

Love it btw. Saw a red QS with the standard wheels and they are awesome.

TT QS

i join in on this abit late but i absolutely love quattro sports. love mk1 TT's full stop actually. may have to show this to dad and tempt him to get one

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Only when you can afford it. ;) It's been so nice in these cold mornings, the Frp was erm, not quite as comfortable and quiet.

Elaborate?
Not going to clutter this guys thread up anymore but lovely motor mate and you do whatever you please With the car can't be all the same

RDH

ClioSport Club Member

I've got £12,000 burning a massive hole in my pocket, and the Clio hasn't even been picked up yet.

It's either a V6 TT and a month in America, or an R32. Just can't decide :(

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

You'll know yourself. Joking aside i'd say the TT would be for the poser inside you, they are superb cars mate. Really.

Your avatar makes me weak at the knees. :(

RDH

ClioSport Club Member

For £12k you could buy a very nice mk2 TT V6 ;)

Not a fan of the MK2s, and I have no idea why! Look too big imo.

2118s went tonight. Which I'm glad of because every time I looked at it I didn't want to sell the f*cker.

AAS'D RB 182

blimey james i only spoke to you a couple of weeks ago, the plan then was girlfriend having trophy and you a bmw, how things change in such a short time!! haha. TT looks very smart tho my mate has got one just the same all though his is totally standard. hope you enjoy as much as the Trophy.

I've got £12,000 burning a massive hole in my pocket, and the Clio hasn't even been picked up yet.

It's either a V6 TT and a month in America, or an R32. Just can't decide :(

A debate between two cars and a month of fantastic memories? I know this is a car forum, but blimey, come on! Easy choice - memories over metal.