ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aucky's Trophy.. Progress Thread

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
evevyde5.jpg

A few more jobs for this week!

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
I recieved some goodies from g172 today :)

Pagid RS4-2 front pads (excited about these!)
Brembo HC front disks
OEM rear disks (+hub nuts and washers)
OEM spec rear pads
Couple of GoPro mounts

The delivery man was pissy with me because he could barely lift the box! :eek:

As for the other aformentioned plans, my PMS top mounts and brace are still sitting in the garage, and I'll wait til I'm fitting the brakes to start making some deflector plate templates.

Hopefully I'll get some rear spacers soon (PM'd Dan@M.A.D )

G 172 ;) No worries mate!

Looking good Jack

Ha yep they love moving the brake discs about the courier drivers :clown:

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Also looking very good! I have got myself some 25mm bolt to hub M.A.D. Spacers but I'm not sure I want to use them on the rear :S

Did you go for the 15mm rear spacers?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member

Pretty much! I was waiting to see what Dan@SJM came up with but it looks like someone (KTR?) have poached the design. It's quite expensive but looks good.

Not sure I want to take the gamble on that bar not fitting exactly.
Also looking very good! I have got myself some 25mm bolt to hub M.A.D. Spacers but I'm not sure I want to use them on the rear :S

Did you go for the 15mm rear spacers?

No, MAD never got back to me after several PM's (second unsuccessful purchase from him) so I abandoned that. I currently have 5mm h&r rear spacers but I'm in talks about getting some 7.5mm stub spacers too. 25mm is pretty wooiiide!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
That's what I'm thinking it's a bit awkward if it doesn't fit properly :-S

That Ktec thing is a lot of money too! The group buy for half cage with harness bar is cheaper lol.

You wana get on to nick at pure Motorsport as he's just got another batch of 10mm rear spacers just in!

And ye I just tested the 25mm today and they are pretty wide lol but I so have cup racer 2118s so they need bringing out slightly more.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I saw that! Looks good but given that my other car is a 2 seater I'd prefer to keep the use of my rear seats, just in case.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I stuck the GoPro on the back to see what the exhaust sounds like from outside.

[video=youtube_share;kbtJbtS0LTE]http://youtu.be/kbtJbtS0LTE[/video]

(I'd been driving for 30 mins and didn't expect the cold limiter to still be on, so excuse the first 2 shifts!)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
The drop-down into 2nd followed by hard acceleration just after 1 minute in - that sound!!! You must be pleased?!

I've had it about 2 years now, and never realised how raspy it was! In the cabin I get the rs2 induction noise and a deeper exhaust note (not centre silencer).

But yeah, sounds good :)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Last weekend I finally got round to fitting Xenon headlight units, the rear shock powerflex topmounts, along with 10mm PMS rear hub spacers and shims.

Also, yet another inter-trackday oil change in preperation for Anglesey (pics to follow)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Where did you get the picks from mate?
Email xtremephotography@live.co.uk with the details of your car/reg RE Anglesey 21/5/14

Beautiful!

What's the circuit like in general - tight/open, fast, minimal run-off or suitable for novices etc?

Bit of a mixture, some long fast corners and slower tighter ones too. There is more run off than any other circuit I can think of tbh. The only tricky variable can be the weather!

BMW E36 328
looks like you had an awesome day Jack :). Perfect conditions too, I'm jealous as ive never done Anglesey when its not been raining :(

I stuck the GoPro on the back to see what the exhaust sounds like from outside.

[video=youtube_share;kbtJbtS0LTE]http://youtu.be/kbtJbtS0LTE[/video]

(I'd been driving for 30 mins and didn't expect the cold limiter to still be on, so excuse the first 2 shifts!)

Ugh... total sex wee!! More entertainment than I'm used to on a Friday night that!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Theres a bit of me wallowing about in this video

[video]http://www.youtube.com/embed/2On5FaN_g4o?feature=oembed[/video]