ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Attemping boosted ph1

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=300371984903&index=1&nav=SEARCH&nid=24144169187

That's the semi assembled loom...

Is it a major task to do something like that yourself?
No it's not too bad Dan but it's time consuming. I probably spent a couple of days researching the engine loom on my car and then another day drawing out a wiring diagram and doing pin to pins.

You would need to understand what needs to be controlled by the Omex and what needs to be run by the std ECU but thats pretty simple. I recon it would take you a couple of days to do if you wanted it to be nice and neat. From the price you say Paul has quoted it sounds like you are paying for around 7 hours labour which is pretty reasonable in my opinion for an engine loom (My very simple one cost me 13 hours labour originally)

Edit: beaten to it by Chip ;)

Ph1 T
I think I'll do abit of reading up tonight then see if I can understand everything or anything. I'd love to give it ago myself if I can get my head around it..

Ideally it I could do it myself and get Paul to map it that would be great we will see.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Scoff at EFI parts did my loom and mapping for £480 if that's anything to go by. I thought that was top notch and also massively helped me with his knowledge along the way. It was a fair drive but well worth it IME.

Ph1 T
Haha now now lol I thought you knew Him thats all and knew of top of your head..

80 mile away too risky driving it up there is it you reckon even taking it steady

172 cup, Impreza P1
Haha now now lol I thought you knew Him thats all and knew of top of your head..

80 mile away too risky driving it up there is it you reckon even taking it steady

I drove over 250 to take mine to him. As said, waste gate open and keep it below 3k with no heave loads and you'll be fine. He definitely knows what he's doing with these things so you'll be in safe hands.

He developed the generic aem piggy back ecu for the engine dynamics kit for them too.

Ph1 T
Just took the car out let it run for 5 min first off tbh it's sounding pretty spot on,

anyway as it was over heating big time yesterday due to the fan not been connected I turner the heaters on full whack which I found out could help and the temp was a lot better granted was moving up but would come down and nothing at all like yesterday..

However I've come across a problem with the steering. When I'm driving its as the steering is too light? Also this is how my steering wheel looks when I'm going straight
D4DE8A4F-7194-4FE5-B0F5-7FB972E860AE-1681-0000009B88FD0C0B.jpg

But when I've just parked up on my drive and set the steering wheel straight and the wheels are straight basically when I'm driving it feels very light.steering wheel not straight and I'd in hit a bump or uneven road it pulls slightly?

SQ5
Your tracking and camber is all out by the looks of it, needs a good four wheel alignment done if you've got camber adjustment. If not standard tracking will be fine!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Will be either rack bushes shot or tracking out. No reason not to drive it steady.
Disconnect the wastegate to drive it up there and use hardly any throttle, don't be tempted to just give it a quick test to see what it's like.

Ph1 T
Your tracking and camber is all out by the looks of it, needs a good four wheel alignment done if you've got camber adjustment. If not standard tracking will be fine!

No haven't got camber adjustment.. Ill take it to have all the tracking done then see if that helps. Danny do you have a pass driveshaft with cv boot?

Ph1 T
Scoff just emailed me back he's going to give me a call tommorow so I'm going to get it booked in ASAP :)

Ph1 T
Okay I'll try the full alignment see what that brings then move from there... I know my pass cv joint has gone as well as there was a fair bit of grease out of it

Ph1 T
I need to use the car a little bit just short journey how do I go about keeping the waste gate open

Ph1 T
Over last few days i spoke to scff at EFI and local lads at GR performance that are highly rated. I'm going to make one last call to RS tuning monday see what the definate figure is they can do it at.

scoff seems a better option for the simple reason hes done what i need doing on these cars before, where as they havent and hes also £200+ cheaper.

I took the car to the lads at GR today they liked the look of the setup parts used ect just picked out a few things which i wasnt sure and didnt know needed to be done:

will need a new 4? bar fuel pressure regulator instead of standard?
the 2 bar map sensor will need a bracket welding to the manifold to support it to stop boost blowing it out?

Those 2 things i didnt know needed to be done is what there saying right or... just ive never heard on here about peoples sensors blowing out and of changing the FPR

HBT 172 Cup
will need a new 4? bar fuel pressure regulator instead of standard?
the 2 bar map sensor will need a bracket welding to the manifold to support it to stop boost blowing it out?

Those 2 things i didnt know needed to be done is what there saying right or... just ive never heard on here about peoples sensors blowing out and of changing the FPR

Not at all the single, tank regulated 3 (or is it 3.5?) bar feed is more than adequate for low boost. No need to touch that.

I'm going to install a wallbro pump, run a return feed and used a vac referenced regulator (stock ph1 item!) and still use meggy injectors to net 300bhp.

I drilled the hole where the standard map sensor went, tapped to M12 (i think can't remember, might have been M10), bought an 6mm hose tail that screwed into it and ran a vac tube to the map sensor.

I have no issues blowing out sensors, i.e air temp. Also the VAC for the brakes lines does not need a one way valve.

Ph1 T
Not at all the single, tank regulated 3 (or is it 3.5?) bar feed is more than adequate for low boost. No need to touch that.

I'm going to install a wallbro pump, run a return feed and used a vac referenced regulator (stock ph1 item!) and still use meggy injectors to net 300bhp.

I drilled the hole where the standard map sensor went, tapped to M12 (i think can't remember, might have been M10), bought an 6mm hose tail that screwed into it and ran a vac tube to the map sensor.

I have no issues blowing out sensors, i.e air temp. Also the VAC for the brakes lines does not need a one way valve.

Ill leave the FPR then.. so the MAP sensor will be fine in its original place or i may just do what youve done..

Ph1 T
Scoff can start the car next sat and will have for a week so im going to get a few final touches done before hand:

Fit a tee on the actuator pipe and join the pipe that comes off the fuel pressure regulator
tee onto the matrix for the feed/return to turbo
make the pipe work that goes outlet/intercooler more sturdy
fit an oil return pipe onto my original sump as the other ones got a tiny leak.
Paint bits in engine bay with VHT paint
Get car alligned and setup properly and fit 4 hancook v12 tyres

172 cup, Impreza P1
Good choice with Scoff. Tell him I'll be back shortly. ;)

Make sure the things you are painting with VHT get very hot or you can bake them in the oven or it doesn't cure. I painted my inlet manifold thinking that it would get hot enough and it never fully cured and still rubs off.

Ph1 T
Going to be dropping it off on the 19th or 26th just waiting for him to get back to me,, was you running low boost when he did the work on yours?

So bake the stuff first then paint or other way round lol BTW did the downpipe come today?

172 cup, Impreza P1
Going to be dropping it off on the 19th or 26th just waiting for him to get back to me,, was you running low boost when he did the work on yours?

So bake the stuff first then paint or other way round lol BTW did the downpipe come today?

No, mine was running about a bar when he was mapping it but hit some problems so mapping had to end prematurely.

As Chip says, paint then bake to about 100deg gradually.

No down pipe yet. :(

Ph1 T
I sent it friday next Day through city link. id imagine it will definately be with you monday then mate