ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ast top mounts or pure motorsport mounts

AST allow you give more castor/camber than the PMS mounts.
AST are alot more money, so is it worth the extra money for the option to add the castor?
PMS top mounts can be used with there very well designed strutbrace in the future if you wanted stiffen the front of the car.

Ive had AST top mounts in the past, they are very good and i was happy with them. But i know several people running the PMS mounts who compliment them eqaully

Pretty much sums it up

If you want to add caster to the suspension setup you'll need AST top mounts

If it's just because you want a solid top mount to replace knackered standard ones I would personally go for the PMS ones because the built in strut brace (copy of the cup racers) is awesome

Ph2 Flamer
Fitted PMS solid top mounts and strut brace on Sunday bugger me its money well spent. I guess as above unless you want caster then PMS all the way and get the strut brace. Feels awesome.

You can easily add castor using the cup wishbones/move the bolt hole on the wishbone as chip did, though im unsure how it compares angle wise. But after fitting cup wishbones you wont be far off the price of the AST mounts.

But The way the AST mounts add the castor is also more practical, as it moves the top of the strut so it doesnt make the wheel closer to the bumper.

Last edited:
  Rs2 172 cup
I do like the whole strutbrace thing with mps kit but now more confused as its only a fast road car

Ph2 Flamer
Mines a daily driver and it's no more harsh a ride than it was. Don't know diddly about caster tho.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
i will be buying these soon and i have looked around at all types for sale but have come to the conclusion the pure motorsport top mounts and strut brace kit is whats best for me doing the odd long journey but then the potential track days and fast road stuff too :)

Lionel Richie
the adjustablity in the AST's is so minimal its hardly worth bothering with them, PMS everytime, amazing bit of kit (only if you get the stut brace AND top mount pacakge) simply amazeballs

LMFAO I dunno - a few people always seem to winge that they've fitted solid mounts and it gets a bit louder
Same with the engine mounts "It makes my dash vibrate"

Pure Motorsport are making me some caster/camber adjustable top mounts will also be using the strut brace. Should be a really nice bit of kit! Once the first kit is done Nick will be selling them so watch out! Will allow much more adjustment that the AST's

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Is there a kit you can buy for the strut braces and top mounts from PMS or is it a case if buying both seperate?

Thanks

Audi A5
Does anyone know if the bolt hole spacings are the same on the pms and Ktr top mounts? I've fitted the Ktr ones now but and getting tempted to try the pms top mounts and brace package, they both use three bolts through the turret so was thinking maybe the holes are drilled in the same place.

Cup In bits
Depends how you drilled them, there has to be 1 of the 3 bolts facing perfectly forward to tie in with the strutbrace.

Cup In bits
I'm speaking about swapping from k-Tec mounts to PMS without drilling buddy, not the new type that is rumoured to come out soon.

Audi A5
Depends how you drilled them, there has to be 1 of the 3 bolts facing perfectly forward to tie in with the strutbrace.

yeah that's a good point. I have done they 'straight' but the chances are their be slightly out. I guess if needed I could drill the holes out more to make them fit, when their bolted down to the turret it wouldn't make a difference anyway.

RS4, Willy 2, 182 ff
That kit looks really good value!!
ive recently bought the KTR adjustable strut brace only a couple of months old, I wouldn't have a problem using this with the pms top mounts would I?

They are a rip-off of the PMS ones. Use the same spherical bearing but more expensive because they're anodized lol

Honestly the PMS kit with strut brace is the 2nd best £200 you'll spend on your Clio (after a whiteline ARB)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
They are a rip-off of the PMS ones. Use the same spherical bearing but more expensive because they're anodized lol

Honestly the PMS kit with strut brace is the 2nd best £200 you'll spend on your Clio (after a whiteline ARB)

Got my whiteline and PMS kit hopefully coming soon :)

Pure Motorsport are making me some caster/camber adjustable top mounts will also be using the strut brace. Should be a really nice bit of kit! Once the first kit is done Nick will be selling them so watch out! Will allow much more adjustment that the AST's

​How is this coming along and when is it expected to be on sale?

182 Cup
Hi guys I'm fitting the mount/brace kit today and I'm having trouble, I'm fitting it to my existing ktec coil overs and I'm not sure if I'm doing it right as the guide only shows standard suspension, I took out the strut and the coilover unit came apart as the only retaining bolt was the one in the middle of the top mount, when putting the pms mount on the strut it looks as though it is over compressing the coils. Any help with this would be appreciated.

cheers
​si