ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AST Solid Top Mounts Mk1 or Mk2 Clio Group Buy

ValverInBits
How much is postage? (UK mainland)

edit
Willy Lover said:
£8 postage to anywhere in the UK

cheers

Will have to consider it this week and may be able to sign up before friday.

Good price, the last group buy that went down was £150 or so, but everyone paid and it fell through as the supplier to the supplier messed everyone around!

Luckily I managed to source them elsewhere

Cant describe it really... difference between standard top mounts and fitting these was unreal though. Plus the ability to adjust castor and camber is a bonus.

Everything on the front end so much tighter and 'together' is probably the best explination.

Cant describe it really... difference between standard top mounts and fitting these was unreal though. Plus the ability to adjust castor and camber is a bonus.

Everything on the front end so much tighter and 'together' is probably the best explination.

Awesome, can't wait :cool:

Clio Williams & 182

F0xy, can you tell us what the level of camber adjustment was for them on the Mk1?

No idea on values...but to give you an idea.... My top mounts were set to MAXIMUM camber, and the shocks (FK Highsport/Slotted Holes) were set to MINIMUM, and it had this much (quite a lot!)...

IMG_3043.jpg

IMG_3046.jpg

I tried to set the shocks to MAXIMUM too, but it wouldnt go all the way as the wheel was touching the shock!

Jack car up, leave wheel on. Undo 3 allen keys and turn the top mount wit h a spanner, you can physically see the camber and castor change

Clio Williams & 182
The top pic, in my mind on how these work, is actually the minimum camber setting as the three bolts there would set the strut to be as vertical as possible, and for negative camber you want the bolts to be on the outside of the engine bay.

Thanks for the info f0xy. Northy on WC has been asking repeatedly how much they give hehe :)

Now youve said that I cant remember lol.

The shocks may have been on MAX and the top mounts on MIN....it was one way or the other lol!

Clio Williams & 182
Haha! Well If you look at your setup there, and use logic to work out how camber is adjusted with these then the pics show you with pretty big camber but the mounts set to minimum camber so it must have been the slotted bolts holes dialing in the negative there :)

Thanks for the help buddy.

Im going to be stripping it all down shortly anyways so I will take note, may aswell do some pics too for future reference no doubt someone will ask the same question sometime!