ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AST setup

Not a poxy Renault
With regard to the group buy, I'd like to know about setting up Camber on the AST's.
Is it done by a slotted hole with the standard hub bolt? if so, and AST's only offer 1.5deg neg of camber, then could I just adjust to the limit of the hole and be happy thats 1.5 deg?

Mk2 172
With regard to the group buy, I'd like to know about setting up Camber on the AST's.
Is it done by a slotted hole with the standard hub bolt? if so, and AST's only offer 1.5deg neg of camber, then could I just adjust to the limit of the hole and be happy thats 1.5 deg?

no cos it probably wont be. Every car differs!!! Just get curtis to fit them.

Not a poxy Renault
Thanks, I'm clutching at straws really. As much as I'd love a set, I really can't justify the cost so I was looking for any ways of saving money!
Even though its a really good deal (most places want £200 for geo alone) I'm going to have to let it go :(. I just don't do enough track days to warrent spending 20% of the cars value on some suspension. And if I did, I wouldn't be able to do any track days next year.

ITB'd MK1
where did 1.5 degrees come from? I've set ours at around 2.5 degrees when i just threw them on and checked where they sat. Sure FMP_ had his around 2 degrees at one point too

ITB'd MK1
Found the 1.5deg referance:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=351764&highlight=camber&page=2
I've obviously read it and then jumbled things up in my head when i was trying to work out how I was going to get £1000 worth of kit without the other half noticing. My mistake!

ahhh i get you. That's a ride height variable. Our car isn't that low, and I think we removed the helper springs from the TA race car so the lower spring platforms were well clear of wheels/tyres

Mk2 172
didn't say it wasn't. said i put them on and measured the camber to find the starting point, and had 2.5 degrees. Try reading the information rather than looking for something to disagree with for the sake of it

Go danny, go danny :) lol. Will you be fitting my cams then???

Mk2 172
I'm gonna come and see you once you've had the dampers done, be good to see the difference.

Yeah fine mate quite looking forward to it. Shes having cams too so mite be done by then :) :) 220 bhp on ps dyno could be coming soon :)