ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Assetto Corsa.... Where the hell are you guys, you're missing out!

Where from out of interest? The Mrs will probably kill me, but I'm tempted to get one and AC.

Amazon, seems to be cheapest atm (apart from ebay ofcourse, but i wanted the 3yr warranty)

Yeah bought AC aswell... should really delete my paypal.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Amazon, seems to be cheapest atm (apart from ebay ofcourse, but i wanted the 3yr warranty)

Yeah bought AC aswell... should really delete my paypal.

Cheers, just bought AC and will give it a whirl with the Xbox controller before making a decision on the G27.

Cheers, just bought AC and will give it a whirl with the Xbox controller before making a decision on the G27.

Yeah ive just had a blast on it, seems a decent game! feels like its lacking with a controller though, very clunky with joysticks/triggers imo

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I've read some reviews and you can clearly see it's clunky with the controller & much better with a wheel. I just want to make sure the game is worth the investment in the wheel (its not worth buying anything cheaper IMHO).

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Nice selection of tracks now, also plenty of variation in cars to be racing. Its all about the physics and the feel through the wheel. I have never felt anything as close to life as this since perhaps live for speed.

Trying to think of reasons not to buy this - and I'm running out of them! Especially as I've got the G25 out of semi-perma storage now.

D.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm not that impressed with it so far to be honest, with stability off it seems very difficult (even with IA on the easiest setting) best I've managed so far is 4th place with stability on full. I'd also say it's not as controllable as Forza's physics. Graphics aren't all that, there doesn't appear to be any damage in effect (mechanical or visual even when set), audio also seems rather flat and uninspiring. I appreciate its a work in-progress and am not slagging it off, I'm just surprised at how much it still has missing.

I'm looking at reviews for the G27 but they don't seem to be all that forgiving either, so not sure what to do at the moment, I'm going to keep plugging away with AC on the Xbox controller to spend more time with it and go from there.

Those that already have a G25/7 how do you find setting it up? Reviews seem to slate the amount of cabling required and I'm reluctant to splash £200 on it if it ends up in the attic.

Project cars looks a lot more promising but is atleast 6 months away.

Last edited:

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
I'm not that impressed with it so far to be honest, with stability off it seems very difficult (even with IA on the easiest setting) best I've managed so far is 4th place with stability on full. I'd also say it's not as controllable as Forza's physics. Graphics aren't all that, there doesn't appear to be any damage in effect (mechanical or visual even when set), audio also seems rather flat and uninspiring. I appreciate its a work in-progress and am not slagging it off, I'm just surprised at how much it still has missing.

I'm looking at reviews for the G27 but they don't seem to be all that forgiving either, so not sure what to do at the moment, I'm going to keep plugging away with AC on the Xbox controller to spend more time with it and go from there.

Those that already have a G25/7 how do you find setting it up? Reviews seem to slate the amount of cabling required and I'm reluctant to splash £200 on it if it ends up in the attic.

Project cars looks a lot more promising but is atleast 6 months away.

Been part of project cars since its inception. I am one of the first round of investors (You chose how much money you invested into it upon purchase).

Firstly yes I am using a wheel on both of these. I can not even start to describe the difference between using a pad and wheel, unfortunately platforms like PC and AC are designed for the wheel, the pad is always compromised.

There is not a single other Sim apart from Assetto Corsa (and perhaps LFS) that accurately translate the feedback from the front wheels to the steering wheel. The slip angles of the Tyres is surreal, its not like most other games/sims where you push the car to an uncontrolable edge then it fallls off the cliff. Instead the cars in assetto corsa have progression and feel, you feel that your tyres are at the limit and when they go it can be pulled back, just as in real life..

Not me, but you get the idea, the car behaves as one expects a car to behave.

For pad, as much as I bum Assetto Corsa... I would push you to Project cars, so far the physics are more forgiving.

Lazer scanned tracks with accurate bump data, proper physics and the Ring coming later this year. I shall be firmly in the AC camp.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Which wheel are you using out of interest? I'm fully aware the Xbox controller isn't going to help the situation, I'm just trying to evaluate AC as best I can to decide on purchasing a G27. I wish I could buy Project Cars but obviously can't.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Which wheel are you using out of interest? I'm fully aware the Xbox controller isn't going to help the situation, I'm just trying to evaluate AC as best I can to decide on purchasing a G27. I wish I could buy Project Cars but obviously can't.

Logitech g27.

Its done me well, its been hammered and remained pretty reliable. I had a g25 before this but it broke. Its not that difficult to set up. There are 4 wires in total...

pedals to wheel
power to wheel
usb to wheel
Gear selector to wheel

Its all pretty neat and its not difficult to set up at all. Mines in the bedroom so when im not racing I just throw it all under the desk.

The gearing in the g27 is much better, its all metal and helical cut, so much quieter than the old 25.

Scout around on Ebay for a second hand one.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I personally felt that Live For Speed provided more feedback at the limit as to what the car's doing. It also felt more comparable to driving a real car. It'll be interesting to see if they are updating the physics though as I think that may push it past LFS once and for all.

i need to see if you can switch the G25/7 gearing, that's the only thing I don't like about my setup. Sequential FTW.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
I personally felt that Live For Speed provided more feedback at the limit as to what the car's doing. It also felt more comparable to driving a real car. It'll be interesting to see if they are updating the physics though as I think that may push it past LFS once and for all.

i need to see if you can switch the G25/7 gearing, that's the only thing I don't like about my setup. Sequential FTW.

I learned to heel and toe on assetto corsa, I'm quite fond of the clutch and H pattern. Love flinging the lotus exeige about, it feels like I'm actually driving a car.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
But LFS has H-pattern + clutch shifting too, although the clutch is pretty dire. If you've driven (and stalled) paddle clutches you know the feeling.

Is it just me or does the Exige have a LOT of understeer issues?

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
But LFS has H-pattern + clutch shifting too, although the clutch is pretty dire. If you've driven (and stalled) paddle clutches you know the feeling.

Is it just me or does the Exige have a LOT of understeer issues?

It does push. I tend to go in a little hotter so it neutralises it.

I downloaded "joux plane" from Richard burns rally for AS. The lotus on that a stage is epic fun.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I bought this a month ago or so. I have only played it with the pad and it is dog s**t.

I can only imagine there is a night and day difference with the wheel as I have seen some cool drift videos and that would just not be possible on the setup I have tried.

I bought this a month ago or so. I have only played it with the pad and it is dog s**t.

I can only imagine there is a night and day difference with the wheel as I have seen some cool drift videos and that would just not be possible on the setup I have tried.

My wheel comes tomorrow so i'll let you know the difference ;)

Arrived & set-up!

XFa6wno.jpg

Is completely awesome! Just been trying it out & getting used to it in ETS2, about to take it on Assetto now haha :)

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well I know what I'm spending the rest of this months wages on... :eek: Had a few plays of AC with a pad and my old XB360 wheel. It's good, but not great, and annoying to set up and control. The G27 has been tempting me for a while now and that photo has swayed me lol. It's just so awesome with the full H shifter and stuff.

Quick question jackdanielsmom how does the H shifter fair on ETS2? Can you set up full range/splitter gear setups with it? Always wanted to try that out.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
If I got a wheel I would have to get one of those chairs to go with it and I'm just not sure the lady will get on board with that lol

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1

Also, muliplayer is fantastic by the way. The way you book races is a little clunky and a pain in the bum, but the netcode and the racing is spot on.

Also, muliplayer is fantastic by the way. The way you book races is a little clunky and a pain in the bum, but the netcode and the racing is spot on.

That video is fantastic. Will look into multiplayer tonight i think! Starting to get used to the wheel now so im getting alot cleaner laps out of it :)
I dont think I could go back to a controller after!

I am, however, having issues with most cars shifting up/down into second on both the H shifter & the paddles. It seems to jump to neutral and I have to ***** about with the clutch etc to get it to select second :/

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
That video is fantastic. Will look into multiplayer tonight i think! Starting to get used to the wheel now so im getting alot cleaner laps out of it :)
I dont think I could go back to a controller after!

I am, however, having issues with most cars shifting up/down into second on both the H shifter & the paddles. It seems to jump to neutral and I have to ***** about with the clutch etc to get it to select second :/

Hi mate. Add a little bit of a dead zone to the clutch pedal in the options. You want to go for around 10-15%. This should clear up your clutch Issues.

I hate missing a gear on this game/sim, getting stuck in neutral right on an apex is not fun.

Hi mate. Add a little bit of a dead zone to the clutch pedal in the options. You want to go for around 10-15%. This should clear up your clutch Issues.

I hate missing a gear on this game/sim, getting stuck in neutral right on an apex is not fun.

Cool cheers mate, i'll do that tonight :)

Renaultsport Clio V6
I am a fellow Asseto Corsa fan. Genuine simulator, not some arcade game.

I have a Thrustmaster T500Rs and the TH8RS, real treat using them.

I'm the 458 in this video, only messing with one other car, good fun.

Renaultsport Clio V6
I hope so, but it looks to me more console based (I know there will be a PC version). I am not sure the physics will match this, I had LFS years ago, the graphics were crappy but the physics were great. Asseto Corsa has better Physics (although the steering wheel I have helps) and the graphics are quality.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Got Assetto Corsa this weekend as it was half price on Steam and now I'm convinced I need a Logitech G25 in my life after seeing how poor I am with the 360 controller and watching all the videos on YouTube.

Where's the cheapest place to get one? I'm guessing my best bet would be Gumtree/eBay?