ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Assetto Corsa.... Where the hell are you guys, you're missing out!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Worked out how to take pics, kinda. Although the focus/dof thing is a PITA.

LOVE the GT3 RS. Allllll the fun.
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_rs_ks_nordschleife_20-10-117-23-12-14.jpg

Goliath I
Bought this as it was cheap and I'd recently got the G920... Whats up with the brakes? Hardly have to touch them and you seem to completely lock up. Not as impressed as I thought I'd be.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It's not something I've noticed too much, but I'd imagine it'd be much better with a more realistic pedal weight by swapping the pedal spring out.

Alfa 159 TI, 172 Cup
Bought this as it was cheap and I'd recently got the G920... Whats up with the brakes? Hardly have to touch them and you seem to completely lock up. Not as impressed as I thought I'd be.

In what part of the game did you experience this?
I only ask as some of the online racing games have all the ABS/TC turned off and it’s very easy to lock up ,

Goliath I
Only played offline and have TC on, but ABS off. I like the G920 brake pedal as I find its more helpful, especially with the likes of Project Cars and F1 2017. But with Assetto Corsa the cars seem to lock up really easy, even with a small amount of pressure. Do I need to adjust something or is that just the way the game is?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It’s more optimised for serious load cell based pedals rather than the potentiometer+spring pedals on cheaper setups, with the stock pedals it’s simply easier to push too hard, whereas with a proper hydraulic pedal it’s more realistic.

You can get used to it though.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Only played offline and have TC on, but ABS off. I like the G920 brake pedal as I find its more helpful, especially with the likes of Project Cars and F1 2017. But with Assetto Corsa the cars seem to lock up really easy, even with a small amount of pressure. Do I need to adjust something or is that just the way the game is?
Might be worth investing in one of these - or seeing if they come up on eBay?

http://www.gteye.com.au/product/gteye-progressive-brake-spring-for-g25-g27

I bought the full set for my G25 pedals and braking within Assetto is pretty straight forward now. I can shave off that excess speed going into corners without the feeling of slamming on.

It’s a subtle, but welcome change.

I haven’t managed to get my wheel feeling right though. It either feels like a inch rotation either side results in opposite lock. Or I’m spinning the damn wheel like I’m trying to make a paddle steamer change direction.

Goliath I
Might be worth investing in one of these - or seeing if they come up on eBay?

http://www.gteye.com.au/product/gteye-progressive-brake-spring-for-g25-g27

I bought the full set for my G25 pedals and braking within Assetto is pretty straight forward now. I can shave off that excess speed going into corners without the feeling of slamming on.

It’s a subtle, but welcome change.

I haven’t managed to get my wheel feeling right though. It either feels like a inch rotation either side results in opposite lock. Or I’m spinning the damn wheel like I’m trying to make a paddle steamer change direction.
Cheers, might give it a go, they're about £20 on ebay.

I've heightened my seating position and that seems to have helped a bit as I can apply the force needed more easily (I've only small, weak little legs lol). I've found no problems with the wheel itself so far and handles pretty good.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers, might give it a go, they're about £20 on ebay.

I've heightened my seating position and that seems to have helped a bit as I can apply the force needed more easily (I've only small, weak little legs lol). I've found no problems with the wheel itself so far and handles pretty good.
Good stuff. Do you alter the turning rate for the wheel or simply leave it as the default?

I might have a look on the community page on Steam if someone has uploaded a saved settings file for the G25?

Goliath I
Good stuff. Do you alter the turning rate for the wheel or simply leave it as the default?

I might have a look on the community page on Steam if someone has uploaded a saved settings file for the G25?

I've got it on the Xbox One and the only thing you can seem to adjust is the FFB settings, unless I'm missing something? But then it seems pretty bang on and I've had no problems with it.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've got it on the Xbox One and the only thing you can seem to adjust is the FFB settings, unless I'm missing something? But then it seems pretty bang on and I've had no problems with it.
Strange - maybe it’s me making it more complex than it needs to be!

The default G25 profile is called 900 - which I presume relates to the number of degrees of rotation. That just seems way too much - yet I’ve gone too far the other way and it’s far too sensitive.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
F40 or GTO? I presume from your description and my experience you mean the latter, lol. It is very.... interesting.

Cars folder now over 73gb. Many, many cars. 300SLR is fun.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
F40 or GTO? I presume from your description and my experience you mean the latter, lol. It is very.... interesting.

Cars folder now over 73gb. Many, many cars. 300SLR is fun.

It’s the Ferrari F40 GTO, only 720bhp.

I do like the Volvo 850 BTCC. Get some nice drifts going.

10k rpm in the Spoon tuned EK9 sounds painful.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Huge variation in file sizes for these cars. Is it a general rule of thumb that the bigger the file, the better the overall ‘quality’ of the car itself?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I think so, but it's not a hard and fast rule, especially when a lot of cars have S1, S2, S3 versions etc which is essentially 2,3,4 cars at once. I just download what cars I like, what the visual models look like isn't too important to me.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Huge variation in file sizes for these cars. Is it a general rule of thumb that the bigger the file, the better the overall ‘quality’ of the car itself?
Not necessarily mate. Some of the cars have multiple liveries and, consequently, have additional textures and assets that comprise them.

EDIT: The Photo Mode is b****cks on this! Give one of the programmers a day on it and I'm sure he / she could revamp the system into something MUCH better. Give me the source code, I'll bloody do it!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Not necessarily mate. Some of the cars have multiple liveries and, consequently, have additional textures and assets that comprise them.

EDIT: The Photo Mode is b****cks on this! Give one of the programmers a day on it and I'm sure he / she could revamp the system into something MUCH better. Give me the source code, I'll bloody do it!

If you go into assettocorsa/system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini and change ENABLE_DEV_APPS to 1 then you can use the dev version of photo mode by sliding your mouse off to the right hand side of the screen and choosing photo mode. It's slightly better than the stock app in that the smoke still works, but otherwise, yeah, it's pretty crap!

Screenshot_hennessey_venom_circuit_de_la_sarthe_2-3-118-21-54-48.jpg

Screenshot_ford_f100_56_ks_laguna_seca_2-3-118-21-17-53.jpg

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
If you go into assettocorsa/system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini and change ENABLE_DEV_APPS to 1 then you can use the dev version of photo mode by sliding your mouse off to the right hand side of the screen and choosing photo mode. It's slightly better than the stock app in that the smoke still works, but otherwise, yeah, it's pretty crap!
That's the version I'm already using fella. As you say, it's marginally better but still...! The depth of field stuff (and the value ranges of the camera controls in general) just seem to use some arbitrary numbers that have no resemblance to real-life settings. The DOF stuff just doesn't seem to work at all (hardly). It's a shame as the visuals are pretty good.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Ah yeah. Totally agreed. And as yet I haven't found an autofocus key, which wouldn't be so bad except it doesn't automatically refocus the camera when you move it. You can still make-a da nice-a picture though with some effort.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The current version is no longer being developed now - looks like they are focusing on the next title with an alpha due this summer.

So far, Steam commitment only too. No news on a console version.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yup, Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Good: weather, day/night.

Bad: single series, no modding.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ll do an Assetto Corsa 2 afterwards.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Keep checking that website boys, as cars are being added literally every day. Morgan Aero 8 GT2 today, amongst others. f**k yeah, love that car.

When you inevitably hit 120gb worth of cars, you'll get a launcher crash when loading cars on startup. No problem though, I use this launcher now, which has no such issues (in fact it's a bit more stable than the assetto launcher!)
http://acstuff.ru/app/

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Keep checking that website boys, as cars are being added literally every day. Morgan Aero 8 GT2 today, amongst others. f**k yeah, love that car.

When you inevitably hit 120gb worth of cars, you'll get a launcher crash when loading cars on startup. No problem though, I use this launcher now, which has no such issues (in fact it's a bit more stable than the assetto launcher!)
http://acstuff.ru/app/
Flol - 120GB of cars! :smile:

I'm still nowhere near downloading them all. It does seem a little strange why all these additional car options weren't given the green light a year ago or more?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
There’s always been car mods for Assetto, but this site is doing a great job of putting them all under one roof.

Lots of tracks out there too! Try racedepartment for those.