ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Argos induction kits

MK1 Clio Versailles
Has anyone fitted one of these to there cars:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...Car+equipment>C$cip=50014.Car+accessories.htm

Considering getting one because it's cheap and cheerful, I don't expect it to do great things, but it's a small price to pay.

On another note what are the downsides of induction filters? I've heard acceleration is worse and the car becomes jerky according to a mate who fitted one to a Corsa. He's now removed it after about 6 months...

Opinions please :)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
u might as well just get a universal filter off t'interweb.
just make sure its got plenty of COLD air gettin to it.
argos sell air filters?! niiiiiiiiiiice

Milltek'd 182
^^ yep, if you are going to do it get a whole kit rather than just the filter. the insurance will be the same for both so you may aswell get a good one!

MK1 Clio Versailles
^^ yep, if you are going to do it get a whole kit rather than just the filter. the insurance will be the same for both so you may aswell get a good one!

Whats approx prices for the whole kit? And if there's no point fitting it to a Clio then I may as well not bother ;)

I was flicking through their catalogue yesterday morning, whilst eating my toast before I headed off for work. Noticed they sell stainless back boxes too!?!?!

Stated "welding will be required" about 50 quid a pop. Quality. :(

MK1 Clio Versailles
I was flicking through their catalogue yesterday morning, whilst eating my toast before I headed off for work. Noticed they sell stainless back boxes too!?!?!

Stated "welding will be required" about 50 quid a pop. Quality. :(

Yeah they've started selling a few car accessories now. I'm also interested in buying there alarm which is £34.99 for when I've fitted the alloys.

A K&N is £70, and the only advantage it has over the universal one at £25 is abit of pipe. To be honest if you are just after the sound I would buy a universal one and some piping.

MK1 Clio Versailles
A K&N is £70, and the only advantage it has over the universal one at £25 is abit of pipe. To be honest if you are just after the sound I would buy a universal one and some piping.

It's mainly the sound. My mates Corsa sounded pretty good with one on. Can you buy the piping seperate then?

It's mainly the sound. My mates Corsa sounded pretty good with one on. Can you buy the piping seperate then?

Yeah you should be able to bodge it with that silver piping from B&Q (I will probably get flamed for this). At the end of the day theres no point spending nearly £100 on a K&N or a pipercross one because you will soon get bored with the sound it makes and the extra fuel it drinks and it will be put on the shelf in the garage and in my case along with the minimoto, microscooter, rc car etc.
Im not sure how they attatch in a MK1, I had to get an adaptor plate, but I reckon in yours it may just go straight on.

MK1 Clio Versailles
Yeah you should be able to bodge it with that silver piping from B&Q (I will probably get flamed for this). At the end of the day theres no point spending nearly £100 on a K&N or a pipercross one because you will soon get bored with the sound it makes and the extra fuel it drinks and it will be put on the shelf in the garage and in my case along with the minimoto, microscooter, rc car etc.
Im not sure how they attatch in a MK1, I had to get an adaptor plate, but I reckon in yours it may just go straight on.

Oh so true in our household too with the minimotos, scooters and whatnot. Tbh I'm thinking otherwise now, may save the money instead for the alarm they sell or towards sub/amp.

And if it drinks fuel then there is no way I'd want one on!

Oh so true in our household too with the minimotos, scooters and whatnot. Tbh I'm thinking otherwise now, may save the money instead for the alarm they sell or towards sub/amp.

And if it drinks fuel then there is no way I'd want one on!

It doesn't make too much difference to the fuel consumption, I think its more the case of putting your foot down more often just to listen to it. You know when someones got one fitted not because of the sound, but because they have the window down in Feb!
I would just buy one second hand then you can sell it on without loosing any money when you bored, thats what I did.

Milltek'd 182
before you get one...check out how much your insurance company charge for it, as mine wanted around £200 a year! that is if you tell them...

littlewoods sell bucketseats too lol, the argos ones are max power ik, i put 14 on my 1.2 16v, got rr at 312 hp lol