ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm advice

Clown Car
Cheap alarm + Argos = Sparkrite, i did not even have to click the link to guess that, mate for £35 it is going to be shite.

MK1 Clio Versailles
Hmm, I can't justify to spend loads though, just need a cheap extra bit of security, along with the imbolliser I have.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
The Sparkrite will cause you more problems than its worth. Does your car have remote locking with a Plip ?

I had a sparkrite alarm on my old fiesta years ago, I think mine cost about £130.00 or so - It paid for it's self though as it went off when some turd tried to rob my stereo. They legged it.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Have a look at this. Its a Renault / Sigma Alarm.
They are British made, and very high quality.

Don't be put off by the fact they say its for a Laguna, the basic wiring is the same for all Renault cars, its just the length of the looms that vary.

I would think you could probably win this for less than £50 and for another £20, add central door locking.

It is a Thatcham approved alarm but obviously you cant claim that if you fit it yourself.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-RENAULT-P...7QQihZ002QQcategoryZ10410QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

For christs sake dont buy a sparkrite.

Had one on my clio before it got written off. Nothing but trouble. Never worked properly when i got it, then decided one day to start randomly setting itself off whilst i was driving the car, with no way of turning it off.

You'd do better to buy a decent wheel lock for the same price as a sparkrite as the chap above suggests.