ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

are these road legal ?

Titanium 182
Kumho V70 trackday tyres

Can be used perfectly well on the road ?

they wont wear extremely fast or anything ?
:approve:

BMW M4; S1000 RR
If they have tread then they're road legal.

Are you talking about driving them to and from the track, or using them on the road?

I assume you have 2 sets of wheels, which begs the question why not just change them round at the track?

Titanium 182
Im looking to buy some cup turinis with these on and there bigger than my wheels atm mine are 15" these are 16" so i cant change tyres and i dont want them for the track but thats what comes on them.. So I want to know if track tyres would suffice for just road use ?

I have never been near a racetrack in my life :( as much as i would like to but i dont think a 1.4 would do too well tbh... :D

if they are e marked, and not marked 'for racing use only, 'for competition use only' and have legal tread depth they should be ok

depends if they are marked road legal or not. I know federal Rs's are road legals (and so are R888's and AO48's obviously) not so sure on the kumho's.

They should wear alot faster than a road tyre though because even a "hard" racing compound is much softer than a standard road tyre.

lift number 1 @ btm
they are road legal i believe, but as they are a competition tyre (control tyre for a bmw series) they will definately wear quicker than a pure road tyre, and be "exciting" in the wet!

on a road car, there's a danger that they'll:
- be very noisy (you might sound like a S1 Landrover, whiring down the road)
- wear extremely quickly; typical road tyre tread wear rating might be 300 whereas typical track tyre might be 80
- be dangerous in standing water
- cost twice as much as a good road tyre
- have less grip than a good road tyre unless you can manage to get them up to working temperature (which you just won't on the road)
- will break away with much less warning (track tyres aren't as progressive as road tyres)

Titanium 182
on a road car, there's a danger that they'll:
- be very noisy (you might sound like a S1 Landrover, whiring down the road)
- wear extremely quickly; typical road tyre tread wear rating might be 300 whereas typical track tyre might be 80
- be dangerous in standing water
- cost twice as much as a good road tyre
- have less grip than a good road tyre unless you can manage to get them up to working temperature (which you just won't on the road)
- will break away with much less warning (track tyres aren't as progressive as road tyres)

Cheers,

basically they need to last me maybe a month two maximum till i can afford to put some pirrellis or michelinns on them, any idea how much normal road tyres are for these ? I get them at trade cos my uncle works for alba tyres but how much is that likely to be :(

:approve: