ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

are renault taking the p***

Writen off dci 100
i went to my local renault dealer last week to see if i could part x my 53 reg 2004 clio 172 cup with 32k on the clock for a dci clio to cut running costs and they where trying to offer me 4k for mine.

i think its worth alot more just wondering what you lot think and how much would you give me for it privetly.

...btw im not selling just interested in what my babys worth :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Oh god, not another the dealer won't give me market value for my car thread.

Writen off dci 100
heres a pic

l_23ddb197781db8bfa74dd3d4f502f6a4.png

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Look on autotrader/ pistonheads for simular spec ones.

i reckon £5.5k depends on the belts etc

Jag Mondeo -Type
I'd be surprised if you got over 5K without the belts being done, unless its sold to someone who doesn't know the costs of getting the belts done

But good luck, Id start at 5250 and work down personally.

Writen off dci 100
I'd be surprised if you got over 5K without the belts being done, unless its sold to someone who doesn't know the costs of getting the belts done

But good luck, Id start at 5250 and work down personally.

like me lol

how much is it to change the belts, is that the 36k service

Jag Mondeo -Type
Its 72K or 5yr, which ever comes first, and its 350+ just for the belts to be changed as its quite a big job. It's usually 450+ but with the 172cup its easier as they dont have the a/c

Dont ever try and sell it back to the dealer lol
at least try a independent garage,,
best things like most of the lads have mentioned is to sell it private
piston heads,auto trader even ebay etc.
And its worth more then 4k i recently wrote my clio cup off 172 38 on the clock
3 plate and when the insurance got in touch to pay out he checked a list
of a computor said the least they sell for is £4 k to start but thats poor high miliege cups
and the most is 7 and a half.. i got 7 not bad at all....

LY V6 with Recaros
A dealer will only give you trade money on it, not what it's worth retail. They've got to make a profit on it after all when they put it up for sale.

I p/x'd my 172 though. I can't be arsed with people never showing up, not knowing when it'll sell, worrying about whether they're dodgy or not etc.

LY V6 with Recaros
Private is better as you get better money for the car, but agree with xzibit, px'ing is just so much easier and hasslefree!

Skoda Fabia vRS
really cant see how people expect to get the full value of the car when trading in, how is the business that then sells your car on, supposed to make a profit ?

C2 VTS from Fri
it deffo will i spend about 160 pm on petrol and 150 pm on insurance

i reckon it would half my fuel bill and insurance goes down to 50 pm

on the other hand fun factor goes down to -10 ;)

It will be cheaper but your maths seems a bit off, unless you're planning on running red diesel/veg oil: Diesel is ~10% more at the pump and fuel economy won't be any better than +25% tbh.

The all important fun factor is all important.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Renault Clio Renaultsport 172 Cup
2.0 Petrol 3-door Hatchback
5 Speed Manual Front Wheel Drive
Year: 2004 53
Mileage: 32,000
spacer.gif

hdr_estimatedValue.gif

blackDot.gif

spacer.gif

Part-exchange Price:
Excellent condition:
£5320
Average condition:
£4820
Below average condition:
£4280

I

invisible man

I paid £6,500 to a dealer for an 03 plate (including 12 months extended warranty) last year with 32K miles, have just looked on the autotrader web site and there is one for sale with 44K miles for £5,770. Dealer prices are higher, but I do think with low milage + belts done the current market value would be between £5,500 & £6,000 even for a private sale. The search was 100 miles from York so take into concideration regional variations in price as well, ie if there are only 2 for sale in your area then you may get more than if there were 15 for sale, when I bought mine it was the only cup for sale within a fifty mile radius of where I live - hence the high premium I had to pay

Alfa Romeo 145 QV
I paid £10k for my 05 182 cup (with 21k miles) in November. Alot i know but i was sold due to the 'as long as i own the car' warranty. Im now covering alot more miles than i expected so im looking to trade it in for something cheaper to run. I was recently offered £6.5k trade in (at the same dealer) on a Golf TDi. I guess this is just what happens if you want a hassle free sale.
My car has now done 32k miles so i might be better off selling privately.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
There are alot of Clio 1*2's for sell at the moment, so if you want to sell you need to price the car right.

I sold my FF172, 53Plate, 43k for under £5.3k

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
When you say cut running costs what do yu mean exactly?

Unless you can justify paying so much for DIEsel and doing the mileage that would pay for itself kind of thing, i think you would have to be doing between 18-28k miles a year to say thats moneys well spent!

People seem to think DIEsels are the best thing to save money, that wont be the chant when there paying 1.50 a litre!

RB 197 + Cup Pack
I asked for a p/x price on my cup before I got the 197 last month. I was offered £4400 for it at the Renault dealer- 53 Reg (Registered Oct 03) 38000 miles, 1 owner. I also got offered £4800 for it at a local car garage which specilaises in sports and prestige cars. I ended up selling it privately for £5250 (Originally had it up for £5950 with no interest at all).

Invisible man - Where abouts in York are you from? I seem to have seen loads of cups since I sold mine!

i went to my local renault dealer last week to see if i could part x my 53 reg 2004 clio 172 cup with 32k on the clock for a dci clio to cut running costs and they where trying to offer me 4k for mine.

i think its worth alot more just wondering what you lot think and how much would you give me for it privetly.

...btw im not selling just interested in what my babys worth :)

your car is worth £4k...in todays market...

Writen off dci 100
cheers for all the help people :)

could anyone with a clio 1.5 dci tell me how many mpg they get as im getting about 25 in my cup

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Judging by the fact i paid £4895 from a Renault dealer in Feb with 12 months warranty, new discs/pads all round, cambelt/aux and 2 tires, id say 4k is more than ok for trade in value lol. Mine is a '53 plate cup with 50k miles.

MPG wise, i get between 34-37 on average. To compare, i only got 42 out of my previous 206 hdi ...

No idea how you get 25 tbh, my journey to work is through 30 zones and traffic jams!! Ive never seen below 33 ...

ff 182
managed to get 4k for mine on a 02 plate with 64k on clock.against a £9995 car.jct in leeds oferd me £4250 against £10.500 car so im happy with my deal..think it pays to shop around,as i was getting silly price's too

Writen off dci 100
No idea how you get 25 tbh, my journey to work is through 30 zones and traffic jams!! Ive never seen below 33 ...

its 60 and 70s all the way hardly any 30

my trip says im gettin 30.7 but i some how only manage to get just over 200 miles per tank ;)