ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

are all sky engineers absolute monkeys?

cut a long story short, had the muppets in this morning to install hd, didnt want them running riot with cables in my house so i ran them all myself to make sure they were neat. ive got my tv on the wall with a unit below and all the cables raggled into the wall including a spare hdmi incase i got hd eventually. the guy started yanking my unit about to pull it over to reach the phone cable which was too short and snapped the head clean off my hdmi cable! gonna have to dig the cable out the wall now and replace it, plaster it and paint it again, pretty raging about it, what should have been a breeze of an install turned into a bloody disaster!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Can you not tape the new cable to the end of the old one and pull it through?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
cut a long story short, had the muppets in this morning to install hd, didnt want them running riot with cables in my house so i ran them all myself to make sure they were neat. ive got my tv on the wall with a unit below and all the cables raggled into the wall including a spare hdmi incase i got hd eventually. the guy started yanking my unit about to pull it over to reach the phone cable which was too short and snapped the head clean off my hdmi cable! gonna have to dig the cable out the wall now and replace it, plaster it and paint it again, pretty raging about it, what should have been a breeze of an install turned into a bloody disaster!

I don't think it's specific to Sky engineers though. Never, ever get the cosmetics sorted out before the functionality needs doing - trust me, I've learnt that more than a few times at work! Now we leave cables, leads, sockets and everything just taped-up to make sure it all works and then worry about it looking tidy afterwards. :)

D.

f**king hope not they're at mine later although they shouldn't need to do anything structural as the dish is on the wall cables are run in and sockets installed so it should just be plug and play.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
The first one we had put the dish in the wrong place so it didnt get any signal, lied that it takes up to 30 minutes to first start up and fucked off!!

2nd one was better!

Clio 182FF
Aye mine was good and even redone my second phone socket for a tenner. Nice bloke! I think it's luck of the draw but I too would be pissed if someone had done that to my setup.

Worth ringing Sky and moaning like hell? Get a few free months or something?

182 FF
Just had two boys round to fit a new dish and install hd yesterday. very tidy and quick. Just unlucky possibly.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Lets get something straight here

People who fit sky are NOT engineers......

Thread may now continue

VaVa
They're not engineers!! They're f**king dish fitters FFS! LOL

I ran my own co-ax and drilled my own hole when I had HD put in. The just had to connect it to the new LNB and plug in the box. I told the bloke who came what I'd done and that he didn't need his drill.

5 minutes later I hear the unmistakeable sound of an SDS drill hammering at one of my walls. The muppets mate was drilling a hole inbetween two bricks at eye level!!! Serisouly WTF?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
my new flat has a communal sky dish on the roof. the agent says all flats are cabled for it.

when i used to live there before the sky guys came round and said there was no signal to my aerial socket in the lounge... or i think there wasn't the right cable? only one or something. i have no idea as i am not very ''electrical''.

basically i reckon they just didn't want to install it as i got a letter from my agents saying basically they can ''sort it'' but it never happened. so i just gave up as they were totally moronic...

sound like they couldn't be arsed or telling me the truth?

VaVa
Was it Sky+? That needs two co-ax cables (or twin as they use now) and they mave have only run one to your socket in the flat. That's my guess, and that they couldn't be f**ked/weren't capable to run a cable from the roof into your flat lol

I will add that are are some decent lads out there that are good fitters (neat, tidy and clean)