ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arch liner and shock outer casing worn after track day

535d / t5 caravelle
Just swapped my wheels back over, and noticed the front arch liner on the left hand side has a huge whole worn into it since doing a trackday on Saturday, do I just pull it off and be done with it, or does it need replacing before it causes and damage?

The back left shock casing also has a 5pence size hole worn in it, ( billsteins, the blue plastic part of the shock absorber) if that makes sense, any advice on this?

i have been running 195/55/15 Dunlop direzza's

cheers

Ph2 Clio 172
I've got this both front and back. I suspect its due to the additional latteral movement in the tyre under hard cornering that causes it to foul the liners. Mines not been severe enough to worry about (I've only worn the liners, not the shocks), but if your concerned maybe get some small spacers to just give the tyres a bit more room to flex?

535d / t5 caravelle
Maybe down to the offset combined with your slightly taller tyres, 15s are usually 195/50

The wheels are Renault 19 turbines, with 36et, and I got the tyres at a bargain price of £8 a corner, so would have been rude not to lol

I've got this both front and back. I suspect its due to the additional latteral movement in the tyre under hard cornering that causes it to foul the liners. Mines not been severe enough to worry about (I've only worn the liners, not the shocks), but if your concerned maybe get some small spacers to just give the tyres a bit more room to flex?

The cars always been fine on the road as a daily, it will probably only ever see a track once more in my possession,I'll try some 5mm spacers at the back, cheers